Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

CPAP with O2 Concentrator
CPAP with O2 Concentrator
I am trying to figure the best way to get the maximum O2 from a 5 LPM concentrator into the CPAP mask. I do have the Oxygen Adapter Enrichment Port Connector but had also seen some info on making a reservoir like this; 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSxyUZHCaac
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: CPAP with O2 Concentrator
I would just add oxygen via a regular oxygen bleed. I prefer not to overcomplicate things by going the method via the YouTube. If there's a reason you need a ventilator, it's going to be better overall to get the right product.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks. Maybe I should have been more clear. I use CPAP but don't use O2. I have a 5 LPM concentrator that I am trying to figure the best way to hook up to maximize the FiO2 at the mask in the event that me or my family get COVID-19 and the hospitals are overwhelmed.
Post Reply Post Reply
Read our Oxygen Bleed wiki http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._with_CPAP
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Is it OK to turn on an oxygen concentrator before my APAP machine? EMihalis 10 736 12-15-2023, 12:18 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Should I be considering an oxygen concentrator? gainerfull 24 2,273 08-07-2023, 10:18 AM
Last Post: gainerfull
  TriCare Prime and Oxygen Concentrator greensled 0 433 07-12-2023, 11:16 AM
Last Post: greensled
  Oxygen concentrator vpsdub 1 473 06-26-2023, 12:41 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Oxygen concentrator as non-medically indicated optimization? cyrial 3 485 06-05-2023, 10:37 AM
Last Post: cyrial
Question Best Oxygen Concentrator? YouTakeMyBreathAway 6 971 10-13-2022, 12:42 AM
Last Post: YouTakeMyBreathAway
Cool Oxygen concentrator in a cabin/power requirements RainbowFish 4 810 09-10-2022, 06:43 PM
Last Post: clownbell

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.