Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

CPAP with oxygen Concentrator
RE: CPAP with oxygen Concentrator
Possum, I am at a very early stage in my sleep apnoea journey; one month in, in fact. I have an AS10 with the Airfit A10 mask. I have tried two other models of cpap machines to get to this. Have you any experience of the blood oximetry add-on that comes from the AS10 supplier. My experiences sound familiar. A result with the cpap theapy but not the whole hog. AB. T
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi tanwt,

Yes I use 2 LPM of supplemental O2 which is fed into the hose fitting immediately downstream of the CPAP outlet. With the VisionAire 5 concentrator that I am now using there is some noise and of course some heat generation. The machine weighs 35#. The machine normally hangs out in the spare bedroom next to our master bedroom and we can not tell for sure if I have it turned without going to the door. If need be it can be in the same room, there is more noise but not enough to keep us awake. I do not lug the concentrator into a hotel for just one night, just the CPAP which is a must.

I do need to get a recording oximeter for data collection to help me pin down the cause of some long duration apnea events that have me concerned. Glad you discovered this forum. Wish I had found it long before I did. Best wishes in your journey.

Stan
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, I do. Do you still have questions on this? I see this was posted six months ago and you were not yet on CPAP. If you still have questions about 02 on CPAP, let me know. I do it every night.

MWD
Post Reply Post Reply
I use 2l of oxygen with my cpap. I check my oxygen as i sleep and compare it using SleepHead. It still runs lower than normal at time. Most of the time it will stay in the normal range and I do feel much better.

I have started new thread asking about Low T and cpap education. Any help is welcome.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Oxygen levels below 90% for 7% of night and below 94% for 34% inspite of Bipap bhavintu79 14 679 03-08-2024, 05:06 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  AirMini with Oxygen darral.freund 2 924 02-08-2024, 12:23 PM
Last Post: darral.freund
  ResMed AirSense 11 + ClimateLine 11 Heated Tubing + Oxygen YankeeLaker 2 358 01-22-2024, 08:17 PM
Last Post: YankeeLaker
  Sleep study review / O2 ring - Oxygen Desaturation SingleH 5 527 01-07-2024, 05:18 PM
Last Post: SingleH
  Why would supplemental Oxygen be added to CPAP? kc90 18 1,062 01-02-2024, 11:47 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Is there a standrad for Oxygen Desat Events. dataq1 3 418 12-27-2023, 04:57 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  Oxygen into CPAP hose when at high altitude Lfmichel 4 543 12-20-2023, 09:39 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.