Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

CPAP with oxygen Concentrator
Possum, I am at a very early stage in my sleep apnoea journey; one month in, in fact. I have an AS10 with the Airfit A10 mask. I have tried two other models of cpap machines to get to this. Have you any experience of the blood oximetry add-on that comes from the AS10 supplier. My experiences sound familiar. A result with the cpap theapy but not the whole hog. AB. T
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi tanwt,

Yes I use 2 LPM of supplemental O2 which is fed into the hose fitting immediately downstream of the CPAP outlet. With the VisionAire 5 concentrator that I am now using there is some noise and of course some heat generation. The machine weighs 35#. The machine normally hangs out in the spare bedroom next to our master bedroom and we can not tell for sure if I have it turned without going to the door. If need be it can be in the same room, there is more noise but not enough to keep us awake. I do not lug the concentrator into a hotel for just one night, just the CPAP which is a must.

I do need to get a recording oximeter for data collection to help me pin down the cause of some long duration apnea events that have me concerned. Glad you discovered this forum. Wish I had found it long before I did. Best wishes in your journey.

Stan
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, I do. Do you still have questions on this? I see this was posted six months ago and you were not yet on CPAP. If you still have questions about 02 on CPAP, let me know. I do it every night.

MWD
Post Reply Post Reply

I use 2l of oxygen with my cpap. I check my oxygen as i sleep and compare it using SleepHead. It still runs lower than normal at time. Most of the time it will stay in the normal range and I do feel much better.

I have started new thread asking about Low T and cpap education. Any help is welcome.
For more information explore and read the wiki or just start with the link below.
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...re_success

Just my personal opinion. My posts are not medical advice or a statement of fact. Please consult a qualified physician or other qualified medical personnel. Please comply with all applicable laws, codes, regulations, and protocols.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Rainbow [Diagnosis] They want me to use a CPAP with oxygen concentrator Apneaprincess 50 10,721 07-15-2017, 10:51 PM
Last Post: Walla Walla
  [Equipment] My Oxygen Concentrator May May Have Died justMongo 8 259 07-03-2017, 12:36 PM
Last Post: justMongo
  Oxygen Level and Dr's Comments harmon k 20 1,398 05-29-2017, 11:34 PM
Last Post: srlevine1
  Can I get admitted to the hospital 4 oxygen? Plus, Backstory ineedhelpandadvice12 33 1,041 05-27-2017, 08:57 AM
Last Post: personal111
  [CPAP] Oxygen sensing and recording shnorrer 23 7,154 05-12-2017, 03:01 AM
Last Post: vsheline
  SPO2 BLOOD OXYGEN LEVELS dizzy1 3 390 05-06-2017, 01:47 AM
Last Post: ajack
  Supplemental Oxygen jsielke 3 267 05-04-2017, 10:52 PM
Last Post: under pressure