Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

CPAP with oxygen Concentrator
Possum, I am at a very early stage in my sleep apnoea journey; one month in, in fact. I have an AS10 with the Airfit A10 mask. I have tried two other models of cpap machines to get to this. Have you any experience of the blood oximetry add-on that comes from the AS10 supplier. My experiences sound familiar. A result with the cpap theapy but not the whole hog. AB. T
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi tanwt,

Yes I use 2 LPM of supplemental O2 which is fed into the hose fitting immediately downstream of the CPAP outlet. With the VisionAire 5 concentrator that I am now using there is some noise and of course some heat generation. The machine weighs 35#. The machine normally hangs out in the spare bedroom next to our master bedroom and we can not tell for sure if I have it turned without going to the door. If need be it can be in the same room, there is more noise but not enough to keep us awake. I do not lug the concentrator into a hotel for just one night, just the CPAP which is a must.

I do need to get a recording oximeter for data collection to help me pin down the cause of some long duration apnea events that have me concerned. Glad you discovered this forum. Wish I had found it long before I did. Best wishes in your journey.

Stan
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, I do. Do you still have questions on this? I see this was posted six months ago and you were not yet on CPAP. If you still have questions about 02 on CPAP, let me know. I do it every night.

MWD
Post Reply Post Reply

I use 2l of oxygen with my cpap. I check my oxygen as i sleep and compare it using SleepHead. It still runs lower than normal at time. Most of the time it will stay in the normal range and I do feel much better.

I have started new thread asking about Low T and cpap education. Any help is welcome.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Medicare rules for oxygen HalfAsleep 6 171 09-14-2017, 09:50 PM
Last Post: E.W.
Question CPAP at Altitude and Oxygen concentrator, Options for portable unit? mogulman 7 170 09-06-2017, 03:21 PM
Last Post: mogulman
  Anyone start on CPAP and then add oxygen...? S.L. Ping Beauty 9 269 08-24-2017, 03:10 PM
Last Post: S.L. Ping Beauty
Question Help. Old CPAP user coming back, Oxygen needed? mogulman 21 504 08-22-2017, 02:12 PM
Last Post: Walla Walla
  Oxygen Concentrator changed everything! methodicalfool 22 926 08-14-2017, 01:01 AM
Last Post: CR Mc
Question [Equipment] Philips Respironics Dreamstation Auto BIPAP Oxygen Bleed In Issues mshelgamble 10 376 08-01-2017, 10:05 PM
Last Post: mshelgamble
Rainbow [Diagnosis] They want me to use a CPAP with oxygen concentrator Apneaprincess 50 11,312 07-15-2017, 10:51 PM
Last Post: Walla Walla