Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

CPAPs Switched on Plane
Angry 
CPAPs Switched on Plane
Someone took my CPAP on the plane and I got theirs. Neither of us have contact information with the CPAP (which apparently I need going forward). Anyway, any ideas on how to figure out who the owner is? Perhaps by the serial number calling the manufacturer? I did contact the airline with a missing item report. Thanks for any ideas.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: CPAPs Switched on Plane
Wow...that's crazy. How did it happen?

You'd think the manufacturer would have it registered somewhere. The question is....will they actually tell you anything? They might not because of privacy concerns.

If the airline cared and someone else called in also, you'd think the airline could be an intermediary, but I've lost stuff on airlines before and they don't really care.

Is your device purchased? Is a DME involved? Maybe you can contact the DME to see if there is anything they can do?
Post Reply Post Reply
Did you end up with a better machine?
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
If this was in checked baggage, the luggage ticket is tied to a ticketed passenger. If the swap occurred as carry-on like in a security area, it will be much harder to locate the individual. What were the circumstances of the loss?

The good news is your profile shows you were using an ancient M-Series machine. You can upgrade by purchasing from Amazon the newest Dreamstation Auto for about $377, or the Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset for $463. If your machine is the M-series, consider this a sign it was time for a change. Seriously, the M-Series Plus is an outdated brick. You will like the change.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Why didn't you have a Medical Devise tag with your contact info filled in?

Sorry this happened to you
Post Reply Post Reply
Wow. A good reason to advocate luggage tags on every item even carried on luggage.

As for how to locate them, I dunno. ResMed might be able to help by saying where the item went, but not the who. I dunno. Be interesting to know if they can track it down for you. Your DME should have your machine's number.

If you lost it during security check, contact the airport, not the airline. TSA is federal and not with any airline. The airport would have more information on what to do. If it happened on the plane (like in the overhead storage), contact the airline.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Several suppliers provide medical luggage tags with an order. Of course it also displays their name, but they're free!
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
On some items I just tape a business card which contains contact information. Business cards are usually circulated freely so not much security exposure. Also, this may sound crazy but in some cases people find that their homeowners insurance will cover that sort of thing. It's been years since I flew but since I do stay in hotels I will go ahead and attach ID to my CPAP and to my O2 concentrator in case I forget and leave them.

I hope you reach a satisfactory resolution to this problem.

Stan
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi ndstate,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
I’m sorry to hear you lost your machine. I hope you are able to find it.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Can't remember: Does Sleepyhead read any DME contact info that might be programmed into the CPAP?

The DME might have a way to track the serial number to their customer.

I wonder what the other person is doing? Do you think they might have contacted the airline?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Switched from APAP to BiLevel/TriLevel WOW Stubert 2 682 02-15-2024, 06:21 AM
Last Post: Macka
  [CPAP] Switched to FFM, need help on settings Strange54 1 220 02-06-2024, 02:19 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  For those that have switched from PAP to Bi-level... CPAPnerd 7 432 01-23-2024, 05:26 PM
Last Post: tbhausen
  Apria switched CPAP Elton525 10 529 01-22-2024, 02:32 PM
Last Post: punkrockcholo
  Switched masks and adjustment period sleepingbetterinFl 1 221 01-21-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Need advice: switched from P10 mask to P30i rebean 3 492 12-30-2023, 12:28 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Doctor switched my wife over to an ASV machine, it has doubled her AHI MaybeTowelie 18 934 12-21-2023, 08:37 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.