Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

CPAPs are a major romance killer
CPAPs are a major romance killer
So Im on night 8 of my using my CPAP machine and am realizing one major side effects the doctors dont tell you about - major romance killer.

Not that I ever had the idea CPAPs were sexy, but hey, its pretty damn hard to cuddle while sucking air. Sad

RE: CPAPs are a major romance killer
Depends. Use your imagination LOL. A female Darth Vader may be right up some guys alley LOL
spooning still works Smile
Try it - how bout when both wear masks?? As posted above, imagination helps. Or gee, doesn't mask up right away must mean something...right??
*I* am not a DOCTOR or any type of Health Care Professional.  My thoughts/suggestions/ideas are strictly only my opinions.

"Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you. Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. One died for your Soul, the other for your Freedom."
If you think a CPAP is a romance killer how would you feel if your partner or you fell asleep during the act?? Because let me tell you, no amount of anything you say can make that ok. And that is a romance killer. So be happy you are being treated, it could be worse, believe me.
If everyone thinks alike, then someone isn't thinking.
Everyone knows something, together we could know everything.
(12-20-2014, 11:44 PM)Amie87 Wrote: So Im on night 8 of my using my CPAP machine and am realizing one major side effects the doctors dont tell you about - major romance killer.

Not that I ever had the idea CPAPs were sexy, but hey, its pretty damn hard to cuddle while sucking air. Sad
Hi Amie87,
Yes, I will agree, the docs don't tell you about many things.
So, leave the losers be, and try to find someone who will accept you for who you are, health problems and all. Look at it this way, it's good you found out before you made a serious comittment with them.
Hang in there for more responses to your post and much success to you in finding the right person who will take you as you are, instead of an object.
trish6hundred
Yeah, you have to remember to hook up each night. No "getting it on" then passing out. But on the flip side, no waking up later to the choking and snoring, either.

Spooning is still possible. You have to be the one being held. Or your partner has to be held lower so the air is over their head. Or put a bit of fleece where the wind hits. We have found that fleece is warmer and doesn't make as much noise as the cotton sheet does.

PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

At my age it doesn't matter anyway!

Sad
Please Take Care, Stay Safe and follow the guidelines to Stay Healthy!  Coffee
I think quality of life has become much more important to me, as I am getting older, less energetic, and ambitious. Some relationships I have had over the years have become too bothersome to maintain. You should not have to work really hard at something you don't see a future in. I agree with those that say, " Throw back the little fish, anyway". But you need to learn to explain your breathing disorder in such a casual way that when they see the machine, they don't think iron lung. I would think by the time that discussion needed to come up, they were are at least in the batter's box, not still on the bench, you know what I mean? And if you are really lucky, he snores!
Words have "killed" more romance than CPAP has.
Be kind to one another !
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  After major surgery Issues DANNOGA 5 291 02-26-2024, 03:29 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  Medicare (US) and CPAPs KSMatthew 4 414 12-16-2023, 10:24 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Angry [Equipment] KILLER STORY ON PHILLIPS CPAP MACHINES srlevine1 10 2,126 11-03-2023, 08:27 AM
Last Post: DaveL
  Noisy Fans in New CPAPs stevew77 0 414 09-28-2023, 06:11 PM
Last Post: stevew77
  Major weight loss, still need CPAP? bperella 3 581 09-01-2023, 02:11 AM
Last Post: Old Mike
  First night with hose cover, night was full of major mask leaks TiredTom111 2 872 06-30-2023, 01:44 PM
Last Post: TiredTom111
  6 months in, not feeling major benefits. Any advice? :( vegasboy 8 883 04-14-2023, 02:34 PM
Last Post: vegasboy

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.