Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Swift FX
Humidifier: ResMed S9 H5i
CPAP Pressure: 16-20
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead EncoreBasic

Other Comments: Happy PAPper

Sex: Undisclosed

RE: CPU sockets - 1156
Be sure you have the activation code for Windows. Your original copy of Windows is probably linked to a model number on the motherboard, and will work without activation on that motherboard. If you swap the motherboard, you may get the "invalid copy of Windows" booby trap.

Most PC's have the activation code in a sticker on the outside of the machine, but they often get worn off.

My understanding is that newer PC's may not have an activation code sticker on the machine. I think there's some sort of way to get the activation code as long as the installed copy of Windows is working.

As usual, the honest user gets screwed by copy protection.

Get the free SleepyHead software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
10-01-2015 10:24 AM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
PaulaO2 Offline
Wiki Editor
Moderators

Machine: S9 Autoset
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: F&P Simplus
Humidifier: H5i
CPAP Pressure: 14-20
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments: Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome, Hypermobility Type; chronic sarcasm

Ain't that the truth??!!

This was built for me so I have all the paperwork including the box the OS was in which has its own sticker.

We got a computer from BestBuy a while back. Cheap machine, but no discs with it at all. There's no way to reload the OS. That's how they can sell them so cheap now. And why I don't buy boxed machines for myself.

PaulaO2
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Breathe deeply and count to zen.

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
10-01-2015 10:46 AM
Crimson Nape Offline

Monitors

Machine: ResMed S9 Autoset
Mask Type: Other
Mask Make & Model: P-10 / F&P Simplus / DreamWear
Humidifier: H5i w/Climateline
CPAP Pressure: 8 - EPR 3

Other Comments: CMS-50F & 50IW

Sex: Male

Concerning the Widows licensing - If you get that message, you can go to the update license key area. There will be a phone number to call MS. This is an automated number. You will be asked to enter your key code number. It will then ask how many PC's is this software installed on. Answer:1 and it will give you a code number to type into the license area to unlock the new computer.

My NAS system - I used "FreeNAS" with some drives I had. I configured the BIOS not to halt on errors so I can run it "headless" (no keyboard, mouse, or monitor). After installation, I removed the graphics card to further reduce heat and power consumption. You administer this unit via your web browser on any other computer on the network. Now I have a mirrored 4TB NAS with 1Gb network speed. . . Happy Me!

Statistics prove that people who have more birthdays live longer.
10-01-2015 11:02 AM

Donate to Apnea Board
PaulaO2 Offline
Wiki Editor
Moderators

Oh, what a cool idea! I was just looking at the Seagate and WD "cloud" NAS setups. That way it is accessible from anywhere via wifi.

Reminds me. I met a woman through a writing group who was a computer geek. She and her husband had a lot of computers and did a lot of work at home with data processing, software development, etc. They had a many computers linked together on the network like that. They were packing up to move and were slowly shutting down all the computers. They had all of them done but one and they couldn't find it. It was showing on the network, they knew it was theirs, but they had no idea where it was physically. It wasn't until they were almost finished moving when they found it behind the couch or something.

PaulaO2
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
10-01-2015 11:15 AM
justMongo Offline

Monitors

Machine: ResMed VPAP Auto (S9)
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Mirage Quattro
Humidifier: ResMed H5i
CPAP Pressure: 18 IPAPmax - 11 EPAPmin, PS=5
CPAP Software: Other Software

Other Comments: μολὼν λαβέ

Paula:

If you intend to swap out the MOBO, I think you need to be prepared to install the OS and programs from scratch.
The MOBO support chips are likely different. Although for a given CPU, there are a limited set of support chips that will be compatible.
Your current HDD with installed OS may not have the smarts to even read your HDD as the drivers for the support chips will not be installed.

If you can, one of the best performance improvements is having your OS and programs on an SSD. The cost per byte of SSDs has come way down.

If you are a gamer, you should be prepared to build a new box every couple of years as the technology changes so quickly.

BTW -- the best CPU cooler I found for the socket 115x series is the Noctua NH-U14S with a second fan added for push-pull. The mounting hardware is very good. It doesn't overhang the memory area.

Photo by Mongo
[Image: IMG_1742.jpg]

10-01-2015 11:36 AM

Donate to Apnea Board
PaulaO2 Offline
Wiki Editor
Moderators

I hadn't gotten to the cooler part, yet. And yes, I am prepared to reload everything. Sigh. I keep plenty of backups of installation files and all my writing files so that's not a problem. And I have the OS disk so that's good. This will probably happen by the end of October. When I had to transfer everything into the new case a few weeks ago, we got me a little card table so I had a clean work surface. I get the feeling it will be utilized again.

PaulaO2
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

10-01-2015 11:50 AM
Crimson Nape Offline

Monitors

Machine: ResMed S9 Autoset
Mask Type: Other
Mask Make & Model: P-10 / F&P Simplus / DreamWear
Humidifier: H5i w/Climateline
CPAP Pressure: 8 - EPR 3

Other Comments: CMS-50F & 50IW

A little side note: When you upgrade to Win10, it obtains a new license key from MS. You are able to use your old install disk from Win 7/8/8.1 to install it on another computer. MS sees this as a new install. You could then upgrade it to Win10 as well.

Someone from MS will probably be reading this and realize the hole in their licensing system. This is an observation only . . .I would NEVER do such a thing like this! WhistleWhistle

Statistics prove that people who have more birthdays live longer.
10-01-2015 01:37 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
PaulaO2 Offline
Wiki Editor
Moderators

I've been in the queue for the upgrade for several months. Nothing yet. But I will keep that in mind!

PaulaO2
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

10-01-2015 03:24 PM