CQ, CQ, CQ... calling all ham radio operators...
BonesX Offline

Members

Machine: Resmed S9 Autoset
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model:
Humidifier: Resmed H5i
CPAP Pressure: 14/16
CPAP Software: ResScan

Other Comments:

Sex: Male
RE: CQ, CQ, CQ... calling all ham radio operators...
QRZed is this frequency in use KS4x

Ham since 1976, I earned my ticket the old fashioned way 20wpm code test in front of the FCC examiner in Atlanta, meanest woman I have ever seen.
Once I passed I asked did she use to be a drill instructor...... she was not happy
(This post was last modified: 03-03-2012 09:55 PM by BonesX.)
03-03-2012 09:53 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
BonesX Offline

Members

Machine: Resmed S9 Autoset
Mask Make & Model:
Humidifier: Resmed H5i
CPAP Pressure: 14/16
CPAP Software: ResScan

Other Comments:

ahhh Paulo a KG4 wonder what county.

I went to Orlando 2 weeks ago to the hamfest it was really great, probably the first one I have been to in 30 years.

I am in Jasper County, the second poorest county in the state, so all equipment donations are appreciated.
03-03-2012 10:01 PM
SuperSleeper Offline

Administrators

Machine: PR System One REMstar Auto (DS560)
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Mirage Swift II
Humidifier: none
CPAP Pressure: 12.5 - 18.5 cmH20 (auto range)
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments: Have diabetes Type II

Ha, too funny Bones...

I took my first test as a Novice at a Fort Wayne, IN hamfest. It was there where I was thrilled to meet old-timer Gordon West (WB6NOA). Now I silent key, I think. He helped me personally with some questions and gave me a signed certificate of accomplishment for passing my Novice class that I still have hanging in my shack (which my wife thinks is her storage area... what does she know?) Bigwink.

Later, passed my Technician Plus and then my General with (I think it was) 13 wpm code test. Haven't used code much since studying for that exam, however, but I'd like to get back into it, because in emergency situations, code gets through a lot better than SSB voice....and besides, code is just... well... cool. Cool :grin:

Any other hams out there? CQ to you!

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

03-03-2012 10:05 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
greatunclebill Offline

Members-b

Machine: Respironics System one Auto A-Flex
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model:
Humidifier: System one
CPAP Pressure: 8-12
CPAP Software: SleepyHead EncoreViewer

Other Comments: quattro fx full face

(03-03-2012 10:05 PM)SuperSleeper Wrote:  Ha, too funny Bones...

I took my first test as a Novice at a Fort Wayne, IN hamfest. It was there where I was thrilled to meet old-timer Gordon West (WB6NOA). Now I silent key, I think. He helped me personally with some questions and gave me a signed certificate of accomplishment for passing my Novice class that I still have hanging in my shack (which my wife thinks is her storage area... what does she know?) Bigwink.

Later, passed my Technician Plus and then my General with (I think it was) 13 wpm code test. Haven't used code much since studying for that exam, however, but I'd like to get back into it, because in emergency situations, code gets through a lot better than SSB voice....and besides, code is just... well... cool. Cool :grin:

Any other hams out there? CQ to you!

i never did it myself but i had a good friend named Ed Campbell with callsign AH2BE (africa has 2 black elephants.) i still remember the call sign from 25-30 years ago. i searched the call sign in my browser and saw him still around. i knew him when we were neighbors in the usaf on guam. he was part of the military MARS system. back then he was morse code and just starting to play with a new computerized attachment that sent his code thru the radio. as i remember he took a trip with his radio to wake island for a week or a few days so lots of people could add wake to their country contact list. he went there just for that purpose.

http://w7pho.com/nx7tt.htm

the radio stuff is fascinating to me and i'd like to do it some day but............ so many toys, so little money....decisions, decisions.....
03-03-2012 10:31 PM
SuperSleeper Offline

Administrators

(03-03-2012 10:31 PM)greatunclebill Wrote:  the radio stuff is fascinating to me and i'd like to do it some day but............ so many toys, so little money....decisions, decisions.....

Interesting, thanks Bill....

Yeah, I hear 'ya on the toys issue. Most of my ham equipment was purchased back in the day when I was making decent money. Can't afford the stuff nowadays... Haven't bought a new piece of equipment for several.... oh wait... Unsure forgot about that 2 meter handheld I just bought for my wife when she got her ticket last year.

There's always something to separate me from my cash. SHa_biggrin5

SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

03-03-2012 10:49 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
TheDreamer Offline

Preferred Members-2

Machine: Intellipap Auto
Mask Make & Model: RespCare Bravo II
Humidifier: F&P HC150
CPAP Pressure: 7.5-15
CPAP Software: EncoreViewer Other Software

Other Comments: RLS, Essential Tremor, Narcolepsy/Cataplexy

Hi de W0LKC

I might look kind of new, but I've been a ham since the early 90's.

Back in the early 90's my main interests, were digital modes (and mainly packet and NOS...ran the VE6PAQ packet BBS), and public/emergency services. Then I kind of took a break after a flood in June '95. (and it turned longer after I got laid off and eventually relocated to the US)

Finally after many years, I got around to getting a US ticket....eventually becoming fully qualified, like I was in Canada (though I started as digital only on HF, and got grandfathered into voice on HF)

I still have a Canadian callsign of VE6LKC, but someday my parents are going to sell the old home and do the old age thing....and I'll lose my Canadian station...

One of these days, I'm going to try getting back onto HF and try talking on it.

You may be a dreamer, but I'm The Dreamer, the definite article you might say!
03-05-2012 09:18 AM
SuperSleeper Offline

Administrators

(03-05-2012 09:18 AM)TheDreamer Wrote:  One of these days, I'm going to try getting back onto HF and try talking on it.

If you ever do, send me a PM and we can set up a QSO maybe. Smile I think 40 or 75 meters would bounce from IN to KS, probably.

SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

03-05-2012 09:45 AM

Donate to Apnea Board
PaulaO2 Offline
Wiki Editor
Moderators

Machine: S9 Autoset
Mask Make & Model: F&P Simplus
Humidifier: H5i
CPAP Pressure: 14-20

Other Comments: Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome, Hypermobility Type; chronic sarcasm

Sex: Undisclosed

I am in the process of moving my office (again) and the new location will be better suited to FINALLY set up my shack.

As to my county, I am in Buncombe, NC.

I did the code test just fine. I didn't think I would pass but actually did great. I missed one but they gave me the credit for it because even though it was the wrong answer according to the book, it was still a right answer (something about weather...). They don't require it anymore and I think that's sad. We're dumbing down everything.

When I took my test, I was the lone female with one other male taking the test and three males administering it. I did just fine despite the slight testosterone poisoning in the air. Laugh-a-lot Same thing when I took the General. I did quite well on it and they talked me into trying the Extra. That one didn't go as well but they encouraged me to keep going. Sadly, I never got around to getting my Extra ticket. I would need to re-study the entire thing now.
03-13-2012 10:24 PM
SuperSleeper Offline

Administrators

(03-13-2012 10:24 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote:  I did just fine despite the slight testosterone poisoning in the air. Laugh-a-lot

So that's what's wrong with me... testosterone poisoning... this explains a lot. Thanks Paula. Bigwink My wife would probably agree on that, for sure.

Too-funny

SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

03-13-2012 10:44 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
Dreamcatcher Offline

Members-b

Machine: Resmed Autoset Spirit II with Quattro F/F & FX Masks
Mask Make & Model:
Humidifier: H4i
CPAP Pressure: 10 - 18 cmH20 (auto range)
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead Other Software

Other Comments:

Not sure if a CB radio counts Smile
03-14-2012 08:03 AM