Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

CQ, CQ, CQ... calling all ham radio operators...
RE: CQ, CQ, CQ... calling all ham radio operators...
(03-27-2019, 07:46 PM)foss Wrote: Congratulations on the new license! Good work. You will get the Extra at the next session.

73, de Jeff WD4ET

Thanks, I wasn't planning on even trying the extra test, much less any thought I'd pass, but, I figured "why not.. I'm here".  (I shoulda used on of the examiners 'lucky pencil'... ).

I figure I'll let my brain cool down a little before i start trying to cram all the Extra stuff in there. That and wait for the FCC to cough up a license. heh.

JMayer180: Yeah, more stuff to think about... for now, just listening in on 2m/70cm.
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
Ham radio operator since 1990. Same callsign (XX1P - Amateur Extra) since 1991. CW, SSB, DMR & FT-8. Favorite band is 160 meters.
Post Reply Post Reply
Any VEs here? Extra class VE. I need to renew both my ham radio license and VE next year.

Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. Access through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Post Reply Post Reply
I'll check in as well: AI0XX - Extra for a couple of years. I was originally licensed as Novice back in the late 80's, upgraded to Advanced, then went inactive for a couple of decades due to relocations, etc..

A couple of years ago, I decided on a whim to upgrade (and ended up dragging my teenage daughter along for the ride: she ended up with a General) and set up a QRP+ HF setup (KX3). Initially was intending to do SOTA, but it morphed mainly into digital (JT*/FT8, JS8, Olivia, even Hellschreiber on a lark) with a little foray into CW with the CWOps gang. 

Come on, sunspots...

Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
Hi!

New to Apnea Board.  Glad to see so many hams.  I'm 67 yr, ham for 20 yrs, used to do a lot of CW, hope to get back to it.  

Rig is TS590S, antenna HG680 vertical, now mostly do digital modes, esp FT8.
QTH Wilmette, IL, member of North Shore Radio Club

Job is doc - pediatric rheumatologist and also clinical informaticist (IT in healthcare) at Chicago's largest children's hospital.  Being a ham simply means I can't get enough tech at work hi hi.  Also means I am keenly interested in SleepyHead, Oscar, etc etc

Diagnosed w sleep apnea about 7 yrs ago, lapsed using machine after 2 yrs, now getting serious about treatment - just got a ResMed AirSense 10 w nasal mask, in the process of tweaking things.

73 de KG9ML, Mike
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-27-2019, 07:22 PM)palerider Wrote: Checking in here, just passed my Tech and General tests last night.. I hadn't studied *at all* for the Extra, but they talked me in to trying... I still managed 29 out of the 50, not a passing grade of 37, but better than I figured I'd do.

Waiting on HRO to get a FT-70DR in stock... Big Grin :cackle:

Welcome, congratulations for your license, we can fight live via radio, for that you will need a digital walky talky of 70 cm, a Raspberry Pi as a repeater server and we can talk to you in USA and me in Europe.

73.s

EA4A__
"¡Por España!/ y el que quiera defenderla/ honrado muera/ y el traidor que la abandone/ no encuentre quien le perdone/ ni cobijo en Tierra Santa/ ni una cruz en sus despojos / ni la mano de un buen hijo/ para cerrarle los ojos". 

"For Spain! / And whoever wants to defend it / honored die / and the traitor who abandons it / does not find who forgives / does not find shelters in the Holy Land / or a christian cross in its human waste / or the hand of a good son / to close his eyes. 
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.