Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Diagnosis] Cheyne Stokes Respiration & Severe OSA
Cheyne Stokes Respiration & Severe OSA
Hello, I am looking for advice. My doctor had me do a sleep study at home due
To multiple issues I’ve been having. It came back as severe sleep apnea with severe oxygen desaturation. My AHI is 91. 
They want me to follow up with a pulmonologist. First Available appt in a few weeks.. 

So nothing has been explained to me as of yet. But I just found out that one thing on my report says CSR (cheyne stokes respiration) percent of 33.7. Negative for central. 
It’s hard to find information on this, and I’m just wondering if anybody else had this as well with their sleep study? 

Sleep Study additional information- pRDI-738, pAHI 4% 738. ODI 697, pAHIc-0, % CSR-33.7.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Cheyne Stokes Respiration & Severe OSA
Welcome to ApneaBoard.  My home sleep study said the same thing as your concerning Cheyne -Stokes.  My in lab sleep study and my OSCAR using my S9 adapt ASV have shown no CSR.  It sounds contradictory if you have no centrals (but CSR) because central apneas are present in CSR.  

Most of the CSR reports here are false.  I very rare few are true though.  Do you have any heart problems?  CSR is most present in heart failure patients.  

The best and safest plan would be to show the Cheyne - Stokes (CSR) to your Dr. who prescribed the home test.  Cardiologists can definitely diagnose CSR.  

But then, with the severe oxygen desaturations and the 91 AHI, it is a possibility IMO.
Download OSCAR
OSCAR Chart Organization
Attaching Files

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. 

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.  
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Cheyne Stokes Respiration & Severe OSA
Thank you! Happy to found this forum. I have edema I’m both legs. And we did a stress test. He found some arrhythmias and shortness of breath while exercising but nothing substantial. The next step was to do a CAT scan but I put it on hold because it wasn’t emergent.

Yeah, maybe I should go back and give him this information.. it’s so crazy that I never even thought of sleep apnea because I’m not that big of a snore I mean I snore, but it’s not like my sister brings down the house snoring.

I appreciate the help! I’m glad to hear I’m the only one who had it on their report because maybe it’s just the anomaly.. one could hope.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Just had a sleep study - Central Sleep Apnea with Cheyne Stokes srpmccarthy 3 186 Yesterday, 11:10 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  CPAP not helping with sleep. Cheyne-Stokes or PB? BigBobulous 4 283 04-11-2024, 11:20 PM
Last Post: stevew168
Sad cause severe brain fog and unbearable headaches use cpap jiyun 1 138 04-09-2024, 08:26 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Cheynes stoke respiration, false flag or accurate? BDGold99 4 268 03-31-2024, 06:55 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 788 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO
  [CPAP] Cheyne Stokes Respiration and Central Apnea Clusters Aldiorg 8 879 02-19-2024, 04:11 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Equipment] Simultaneous Reporting of Cheyne-Stokes Respiration (CSR) and Central Apnea (CA) Aldiorg 3 353 02-19-2024, 03:57 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.