Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Extremely high CA readings on the ResMed Airsense 11
Extremely high CA readings on the ResMed Airsense 11
Hello all!

So I’ve been using the ResMed Airsense 11 for a couple of months. My doctor has recognized the need for an ASV when I had a follow up appointment with her a couple of weeks ago. I have yet to receive the machine because the provider that my medical provider is contracted with is disorganized and falls apart over providing anything other than a basic c-pap/a-pap. I’m still attempting to use the c-pap I have in the meantime because I feel like I do feel a bit better, even though I can’t wear it that long because the machine will at some point start furiously blowing air because it doesn’t know what to do with all these CA events.

But my main concern is the amount of CA I’m registering. Last night I was able to use the c-pap for about three hours. My total AHI was 98.9, with OA being 0.7 and CA 97.1. Is this possible??? I would think that I’d have to be having a major health event to register this many CA events. It’s very disconcerting. Just fyi, I have no problem actually using the c-pap, no anxiety or frustration. I have no known health related issues or medications that would clearly cause this. I haven’t checked my data on Oscar yet, but I’m going to be doing that today. Thank you in advance for any helpful feedback.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Extremely high CA readings on the ResMed Airsense 11
We have many members here using ASV. If you need ASV, the CPAP is not an alternative and your AHI could be that high. I encourage you to download OSCAR which will let you attach screenshots of your therapy on the forum. We can absolutely coach you that most individuals with CSA that tolerate CPAP need to us a fixed low pressure setting of 6 or 7 cm and turn off EPR or use a low EPR setting of 1. If your DME is having problems delivering an Aircirve 10/11 ASV you should research what providers are in-network for your insurance, and call around on ASV delivery times. Even if the supplier is out of the area, you can get good service and we will help you to get situated. The ASV is nearly completely automatic, and will probably start with default settings of EPAP min 4.0, EPAP max 15.0, PS min 3.0, PS max 15.0, however we will help you to optimize that for your actual needs and comfort.

CA is often idiopathic, which means without known cause, so it does not require comorbid health conditions like congestive heart failure or neurological conditions. It is often the result of a delayed response in the sensors that drive respiration, resulting in a feedback loop of alternating hyperventilation and hypoventilation with central apnea. Please do post a chart of your current therapy, and we'll try to get you as comfortable as possible.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Suggested Settings Switching AirSense 10 CPAP to AirSense 11 APAP Rickyricardo 2 87 Yesterday, 11:58 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 53 1,467 Yesterday, 05:25 PM
Last Post: Pawpri
  High flow limit, erratic breathing and resp rates jclarke131000 14 301 04-16-2024, 06:31 AM
Last Post: jclarke131000
  Resmed Airsense 10 time to return to low pressure setting jfchap 3 140 04-13-2024, 03:54 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Pressure] High pressure Tomarovsch 1 113 04-12-2024, 04:56 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 74 27,012 04-11-2024, 09:33 PM
Last Post: her.suit
  Phillips Dreamstation 2 High Disconnects mrsleepyhead2001 2 183 03-22-2024, 04:20 PM
Last Post: mrsleepyhead2001

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.