Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

CSR Episodes
CSR Episodes
I have not been diligent in monitoring my sleep with OSCAR for 398 days. Bag-head I noticed that I had two CSRs recently. Should I be concerned about these incidents? It has not happened since I started using my Machine. 

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: CSR Episodes
The ResMed machines label anything that looks remotely periodic as CSR, but true CSR has several other characteristics that don't show up in your two charts. The main indicator is repetitive Central apneas, which are missing in your chart.
You can check this be zooming in on the CSR area; true CSR has a steady waxing and waning of the flow, with central apneas at the minimums.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
These are both brief and obstructive, and therefore not CSR. This is positional apnea with clustered obstructive events.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you. Could this be showing up because of updating OSCAR? I have been using my CPAP since 2018 and I not noticed any CSRs during that time.
Post Reply Post Reply
As stated above, your chart doesn't show CSR even though labeled as such. It is just periodic breathing.

Line it up on your graph and you will see a cluster of Obstructives. This is called Positional Apnea. You are sleeping in such a way that you are tucking your chin to your chest, which effectively cuts off your air supply. Also, sleeping on too tall of a pillow will result in the same. It is better to choose a firm pillow, but thinner.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Two events doesn't mean much. You should check your data on a regular basis from now, to see if the problem persists before changing anything.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How common is it to suffer episodes of delirium from sleep deprivation? NoddingHacker 4 957 05-10-2020, 05:16 AM
Last Post: ardenum
  Help w/Cheyne Stokes Respiration episodes last night anakranism 8 1,609 09-25-2019, 09:13 PM
Last Post: DeepBreathing
  Violent episodes! bebbles 6 1,641 10-12-2018, 07:11 PM
Last Post: kilowatt
Surprised [Treatment] Clear Airway Episodes Creeping Up Sheepish 13 3,347 03-27-2018, 10:33 AM
Last Post: Ron AKA
  Not showing episodes on sleep report Tinylinda 5 1,659 07-18-2017, 05:48 PM
Last Post: trish6hundred
  Are Occasional Episodes of Cheyne-Stokes Respiration Reason for Concern? Melman 5 2,129 02-27-2017, 08:48 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  CA episodes? Koobie 3 1,669 12-21-2015, 08:20 PM
Last Post: Koobie

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.