Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

CSR reports on Sleepyhead
RE: CSR reports on Sleepyhead
(04-25-2015, 12:05 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Youre doing pretty good for just being two weeks into therapy . . .

Actually, I've been on CPAP since 2009, but this is the first time my machine is not a brick. The brick used to be set at 9 for many years, then increased it after the recent sleep study to 13.

So many new "bells and whistles" so thanks for helping me to look for the "sweet spot" for my own therapy!

R-G -- what's a "b.r.a."? Is that something to do with sleep apnea????? And why would I burn it???? Dont-know Thinking-about
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-25-2015, 01:57 PM)AirSign Wrote:
(04-25-2015, 12:05 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Youre doing pretty good for just being two weeks into therapy . . .

Actually, I've been on CPAP since 2009, but this is the first time my machine is not a brick. The brick used to be set at 9 for many years, then increased it after the recent sleep study to 13.

So many new "bells and whistles" so thanks for helping me to look for the "sweet spot" for my own therapy!

Okay, you're an old vet like me. I don't know if it would be productive, but my inclination would be to set the minimum pressure on 9.0 to match your previous therapy, and let the auto move from there. I would leave EPR out of the equation until you find a stable pressure. After six years of CPAP, you deserve the gentle touch of EPR, but not until your AHI is less than 3.

LOL, I'll stand by my original recommendation for 8.0 min pressure, but since you are experienced, I think you keep EPR out of the equation until you get a baseline efficacy at your old pressure.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-25-2015, 09:04 AM)AirSign Wrote: The 95% pressure is reported as 14.2
Other nights, it's been as high as 15.
I've been starting it at 4, but only for a 5 minute ramp up.

Given those numbers, I would bump the starting pressure up to 8 or so. For me, 4 is a ridiculously low number. I could not tolerate that pressure - I feel smothered at less than 8. No ramp. Many, if not mose of us old timer CPAPers do not use any ramp feature. The higher base will also give your machine more of stronger place to start - a headstart from where it is now - when it needs to interrupt an AHI event.

I would give that a try for a week or so and see if the numbers for AHI show any decrease.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] Help deciphering OSCAR reports? HannibalBarca 6 681 11-22-2023, 05:31 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  AIRVIEW Daily reports Opus1 3 469 11-22-2023, 10:40 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Reports of off gassing from AirSense 11 ejbpesca 42 5,202 10-17-2023, 10:48 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Dreamstation ASV VS Aircurve S10 ASV problems reports, with which reports are true?? racprops 0 459 02-19-2023, 06:36 PM
Last Post: racprops
Question Help! New To All This - Oscar Reports Analysis + General Advice only613 3 691 01-03-2023, 12:46 AM
Last Post: btbderek
  Seeking advice as to whether continue use - OSCAR reports included Vinapnea 4 602 10-20-2022, 10:36 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  FAA Reports eclipseron 0 478 09-17-2022, 12:03 AM
Last Post: eclipseron

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.