Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

CSR simple explaination?
RE: CSR simple explaination?
drgrimes  - The Wellue/Viatom files that you need to import into OSCAR are located on your phone in the Internal Storage/ViHealth folder.  To download them to your PC will require one of the 2 options.  The data you want is maintained in a database, and the required file will not be created until you view the data on your phone first.

Side note:  If you use the oximeter on a regular basis, you may wish to delete the older files that you have downloaded.  They can eat up some valuable storage space on your phone.

Data Transfer Methods:
  1. Using your phone charging cable  -  (the simplest and easiest) - Plug the cable into your phone and the other end into your PC.  You will receive a permission prompt on your phone to complete this connection.   Your phone will appear as an attached drive.  You will then navigate to the directory, listed above, and copy the data files to your PC.  

2. Wirelessly  -  (a more advanced method that can be automated) - You will need to download an app such as "FTP Server" (free version) and, in its setup, designate the ViHealth directory as the source.  It is best to assign a static IP to your phone for this operation.  You then will issue ftp commands from your PC to get these files.

For either transfer method, I recommend that you create a directory on your PC and use the serial number of your device as the directory name.  OSCAR uses this directory name to register the data in the Statistics view.

I hope this will help.
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I appreciate the advise re: leakage.  I've been doing this since 2013 and tried everything to remedy.  I've spent a fortune beyond insurance trying every type of mask and infinite adjustments with strap tensions.  When i tighten dents in my face/nose.  When i loosen to comfort i get more leaks.  Believe me i've tried everything.  What I discovered that as i lowered my pressures, leaks were more manageable and my AHI began improving.  Even with my lack of understanding all of this, my AHI is mostly less than one, rarely over five.

I'm not sure if i am creating the correct views of OSCAR reports.  One is called "badnight" with CSR, and CA's.  The other is "goodnight" with reduced EPR.

If I could keep AHI less than one and my oxygen above 90 most of the time I would be very happy.  I cannot figure out why on rare occasions i get these CSRs.  I discussed it with my sleep doctor.  He said, "don't worry about it, just keep an eye on it"  Guess maybe i am over worrying it.

Post Reply Post Reply
It's not the real CSR you need to concern yourself over. Your Central Apnea/CA are though. This latest chart, AHI Central at 7.xx are not at treated levels. Several things can affect CA, EPR setting, Ramp, pressure swings are the ones I've seen frequently.

Things that you have presently that are robbing comfort and rest, CA, leaks, uncomfortable mask strap adjustment. Again as I said earlier, if you are going over tight on the mask, it's not correct for you. Over tightening is noted by marking your face, dents in face and nose.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Dave, to digress a bit but i see some interesting things in your profile.  It says you have CAs untreated??  "No longer under treatment"? For the last year or so I have been wondering if i could get free of CPAP.  I discussed with sleep doctor and he said it might be possible on down the road.  Oddly he told me to lose 15 lbs. would make a big difference in breathing.  So a year ago i lost 30 lbs.  I exercise hard for an hour every day.  I also do deep breathing exercises.

Recently I had to have surgery for a perforated ear drum (SCUBA diving) The ENT doctor asked me to stay off CPAP for a couple weeks while the surgery healed.  I did. He said the pressure might have a negative effect.  I never felt bad/sleepy/exhausted during the day.  I continued to use my SPO2 to see what happens.  My oxi level did suffer a bit but generally stayed above 88%.  If i could get oxy level to stay over 90% all the time, wouldn't i be a candidate to cease CPAP?  After all, the bottom line to all this is whether your body/brain/heart are getting sufficient oxygen

What was the deciding factor in you being able to stop cpap?
Post Reply Post Reply
Why I stopped CPAP therapy? It isn't because I'm cured, because I don't believe anyone diagnosed with Apnea gets cured. I have a very high pre-dominant Central Apnea level overlapped with Respiratory Disease. I'm given inhalers that treat COPD and/or Asthma. My machine need is higher than ASV that I've had prior, so something like a ResMed ST-A or actual ventilator class like the Astral is necessary.

My not taking treatment isn't by choice. Doctors aren't willing to help get the script I need for that high level machine. The ASV wasn't synchronizing with my breathing after 2 years of doing well and I currently have no machine.

PS thanks for bringing my info to my attention. I'll edit it to be more correct.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
This article is long, technical, and boring but has some things that i never understood before.

https://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.ph...Rate_graph

i am including a screen shot of one graph from this article that describes a series of events that are not representative.  It may be caused by not really being asleep, or in between asleep and awake.  Odd thing about my series of events are all identical and end with a little short CA, maybe 15 seconds long.  I am including an OSCAR screen shot zoomed way in. Now the thing i realize , all my events like this happen very early in the morning and that is when i first awake and trying to get back to sleep (3-4 am).  So the flow rate is showing me breathing in and out, with that little short CA at the end of each one.  Strange to me how alike they all are.

So this article refers to "Events are probably mis-scored due to WAKE breathing."  I am making some changes suggested biy SarcasticDavid. Reducing EPR one step and raise the minimum pressure a small amount to see if it makes a positive change.

-
Post Reply Post Reply
I have not edited that article since 2019, so if you can give me some hints on making it less boring, I'm all ears. Smile Thanks for linking it, I had forgotten about this one. The original source was section 9 of the Beginner's Guide to Sleepyhead http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...SleepyHead which is a much longer and more boring discussion of everything you ever didn't want to know about CPAP therapy and interpreting the charts. However if you can work your way through all that this tome covers, you too will be a CPAP Jedi.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sleeprider, wow i'm impressed.  Not to be judgemental about my "boring" comment.  It is long but absolutely the best thing i have ever read about the subject.  I finally understand something that no one else conveyed clearly  GOOD JOB!!  Most articles i've read are totally technical and hard to read.  Your point about the possibility of mis-scoring due to being not really asleep is a possibility with my issues.  It always occurs early in the morning when i am trying to go back to sleep.  THANKS
Post Reply Post Reply
With small changes, for two nights, no CAs, and very good oxygen reports.  Hope it stays this good.

Post Reply Post Reply
Looks really good other than some leaks for part of the night. All good after 01:00.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information Oximeter (eg O2Ring) - Fix Time Error - So Simple! DavidEsp 0 728 04-01-2023, 05:57 AM
Last Post: DavidEsp
  simple P30i leak fix hegel 21 2,639 12-16-2022, 04:17 PM
Last Post: YipeekiOH
  Just a simple reminder. Big Guy 8 908 06-26-2021, 04:45 PM
Last Post: Rice95
  I can't seem to understand leaks, anyone with a simple explanation? Maxmom 5 1,158 08-16-2019, 09:55 AM
Last Post: Maxmom
  A simple way of tightening P10 headgear ppca 7 3,635 08-16-2018, 09:43 PM
Last Post: ppca
  Setting up a Respironics ASV 960 machine as a simple Bi-Level racprops 4 1,433 07-21-2016, 07:23 AM
Last Post: racprops
  Has anyone ever tried a simple headband instead of taping for mouth leaks? tomgtc 4 2,183 06-01-2016, 06:25 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.