Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

CSV discrepancies
RE: CSV discrepancies
Your last comments woke me up.
I never worked with percentiles and wrongly assumed you could average them.

So, it seems I cannot use the CSV Sessions Export to compare with Daily Values.

Also, after 4 nights, the CSV Data  (Summary export) matches the AirCurve reports.

The same should be true for Flow Limitation values.

There is one discrepancy remaining for Tidal Volume of the 3 first nights.
Could it be the rounding of numbers?

Finally, the discrepancies that initiated this thread were not discrepancies.  Thinking-about
I'm really sorry to have wrongfully posted this.  Oh-jeez

DanEm

"If life hands you lemons, make lemonade! Words to live by, especially when you keep in mind that the only way to make them into lemonade is to squeeze the hell out of them."
Post Reply Post Reply
I am neither sorry nor annoyed that you have raised these points.

It is always appropriate to question the methodologies used in a research project. We should be able to point to our algorithms/methodologies that are used in OSCAR. Unfortunately, OSCAR grew out of SleepyHead, which itself is undocumented, so while we have made many improvements, the core functionality is pretty much unchanged, and remains undocumented.

I could go on, but as long as OSCAR is a volunteer project, with very few active programmers minimal support staff, I don't see much opportunity for improvement in documentation.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
There still are discrepancies!!!

I have reviewed my data and excluded dates where there was more than one session.
When there is only one session, the data from CSV Session should be the same as CSV Summary but it is not.

I think my reasoning here is correct.

What is your opinion?

DanEm

"If life hands you lemons, make lemonade! Words to live by, especially when you keep in mind that the only way to make them into lemonade is to squeeze the hell out of them."
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Exported data discrepancies DanEm 7 548 01-16-2023, 11:01 AM
Last Post: DanEm
  OSCAR (Linux vs Win64) graph discrepancies Gideon 14 1,230 03-21-2022, 05:24 PM
Last Post: Aldebaran
  OSCAR / ResScan SD imported data discrepancies Immo 8 1,577 03-31-2020, 07:53 AM
Last Post: Immo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.