Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

CSV discrepancies
RE: CSV discrepancies
Here are the results with the latest info

There are discrepancies even within Oscar.

They are not much, but:
If Oscar shows 2 digits precision, within its reports and views, the figures should not vary more than 0.01.
Between AirCurve and Oscar, the figures should not vary more than 0.1 (unless AirCurve uses better precision internally but does not display).

I hope my little input will help.

DanEm

"If life hands you lemons, make lemonade! Words to live by, especially when you keep in mind that the only way to make them into lemonade is to squeeze the hell out of them."
Post Reply Post Reply
I have increased the precision of my graphs.
You can see there are differences in both AHI and FL between the Daily View and CSV values.

I hope this will help correct the situation.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

DanEm

"If life hands you lemons, make lemonade! Words to live by, especially when you keep in mind that the only way to make them into lemonade is to squeeze the hell out of them."
Post Reply Post Reply
Corrected graph error and updated values.

DanEm

Post Reply Post Reply
Any progress on this matter?

DanEm

Post Reply Post Reply
Not yet, Dan. Between insomnia and dialysis four times a day, I don't seem to have much energy left over.

As you pointed out the first question to answer is which data is correct, the Daily statistics panel or the exported csv file statistics.
We have to assume that the statistics displayed by the machine are correct, so my goal is to write down each morning, the following: Pressure, Exp Pressure, Leak, Tidal volume, and Minute ventilation. The first three will be compared against the 95th percentile, the last two against the 50th percentile in ht Daily panel and csv file.

After that it will be a matter of comparing the code in the Daily panel with the code in the csv export; a cursory run through didn't turn up any obvious discrepancies.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Your health must be priority 1. So take it easy.

I can help a bit.
I have all my data stored and available since the end of January.
I will make a table with the parameters you just described.

To be certain, when you refer to the 50th percentile for Tidal volume and Minute ventilation, I suppose they are the values under "Med". If not let me know which they are.

I hope this will help.
If I can do more, let me know.

DanEm

Post Reply Post Reply
Oups!
I just realized that the report from AirCurve is only available for the last day used, you cannot specify a specific date.
So much for getting it all at once.

Screenshot shows what my table would look like.

DanEm

Post Reply Post Reply
That's exactly how I was thinking of it.

I'm surprised and disappointed that the csv file doesn't have the leak rate at least., Not so surprised about the minute vent and tidal volume, as the who;e csv export was a bit of an afterthought, and originally tailored to the PR machines. Yet another area to work on...
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
After 3 nights, the screenshot shows the data obtained.

Comparing data.

Oscar Daily vs AirCurve: Tidal Volume does not match.

Oscar Daily vs CSV Session Export: No data match.

Oscar Daily vs CSV Summary Export: All data match.

Question
What is the mathematical relation between session data and summary data?
Average values do not match.
Pressure daily (S1 + S2)/2 not equal to pressure summary.  Same for EPAP and Flow Limit.

DanEm

Post Reply Post Reply
My math should probably be suspect at this hour of the night...

For indecies like AHI: (E1 + E2 +...) divided by (T1 + T2 + ...) - in words, total events divided by total time

For percentile things like pressure, I think you have to merge all the values into one big set, and then find the pertile you want; you can't combine the sessions' percentile values by some algorithm (I'm pretty sure) The daily percentile code will have to be checked to find out how it works
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Exported data discrepancies DanEm 7 548 01-16-2023, 11:01 AM
Last Post: DanEm
  OSCAR (Linux vs Win64) graph discrepancies Gideon 14 1,229 03-21-2022, 05:24 PM
Last Post: Aldebaran
  OSCAR / ResScan SD imported data discrepancies Immo 8 1,575 03-31-2020, 07:53 AM
Last Post: Immo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.