Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

CYP HELP? Setting up AirSense 11 for my father....
CYP HELP? Setting up AirSense 11 for my father....
The ResMed AirSense 11 Autoset came today. The rest of family assumed it would come from Dr. or DME and they would set up machine for my father. CPAP person from pulmonologist's office is not available until Monday.

If I call the RT from the DME, she will likely tell me not to do anything until she can come out (which would mean using the damaging Philips' machine another nite. Would rather do this myself.)

Can I do this myself without putting my father at risk?

Can someone tell me comparable settings on the Air11
to what he was using on the System One (lowest level of pressure)?

I figured out how to put the humidity at the lowest level.

This machine has a computer screen and options:

In menu: My Options, there are:

Ramp time: Choices are Auto, and 5 to 45 by increments of 5. WHAT DO I WANT TO DO HERE?

Pressure Relief: Choices seem to be ON or OFF.

Humidity Level (I put this at one, which is what his previous machines have been set at.

Thankfully, his mask and tube and oxygen adapter, and the inline bacterial filter all fit.
====
Am caring for nonagenarian parents:  one uses a ResMed Airsense 11, and the other a ResMed Astral 150, full face masks, oxygen, humidifiers, modems.

Anyone else caring for very elderly loved ones?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: CYP HELP? Setting up AirSense 11 for my father....
Could you post the settings you want to match.
Post Reply Post Reply
The AirSense 11 when turned on shows "4" for pressure.

I was concerned we would have to program everything as there were no instructions from the pulmonologist in the box.

Found someone in the family who had set up my mother's ResMed Astral 150, and so set the Ramp at 10.

Humidity at 1.

My father said it was all ok last night.

Will keep looking at the menus.

Thank you. Smile
====
Am caring for nonagenarian parents:  one uses a ResMed Airsense 11, and the other a ResMed Astral 150, full face masks, oxygen, humidifiers, modems.

Post Reply Post Reply
I hope that your Father is doing well.

I got lots of help setting up my S10 auto pap. The people here are sensational . They'll know how to help you out.
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
There are setup manuals at the top of the site. You can also watch setup on YouTube just search ResMed S11.

I would start with

Min 7
Max 20
EPR 3

Again you can find out how to set these in the manual or on youtube
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Here is a YouTube link

https://youtube.com/watch?v=X90dKqMAut8&feature=share
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Stacey, thanks for the link. I appreciate it. Sorry to be slow getting back to this thread. Caregiving....
====

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Not Sure if Setting Changes Helping - Help Appreciated! WiscoKate 6 148 03-25-2024, 11:54 AM
Last Post: WiscoKate
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 612 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Setting time and date on Resmed Airsense 10 cmadon 42 32,173 03-08-2024, 09:13 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  AirSense 10 Max Pressure setting Tomt 13 855 03-04-2024, 07:11 PM
Last Post: Tomt
  Need Input on AirSense 10 vs AirSense 11 b4 Ordering New CPAP mdmarmd 13 2,183 01-14-2024, 04:11 PM
Last Post: scowell
  Air Sense 11 - Pressure Setting goblue2024 3 424 01-10-2024, 02:20 PM
Last Post: dataq1
  [CPAP] Need help with setting minimum pressure for my Father. Jamie Connor 2 382 01-07-2024, 12:18 AM
Last Post: Jamie Connor

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.