Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Calculating flow limitation without OSCAR?
Calculating flow limitation without OSCAR?
Hey all! I currently use a machine that isn't supported by OSCAR (Resvent iBreeze APAP). I'm able to use software called iMatrix to view my data, but it only flags particular instances of flow limitation (seemingly at random, frankly), whereas I see that OSCAR shows a graph of flow limitation per breath. I would really like to get such a graph for my own data so I can see how changing particular settings impacts my flow limitation (without having to rely on the seemingly random flags).

I am able to decode the data from my machine that measures my flow over time. With this data set, is there a formula I can use to measure my flow limitation similar to how OSCAR measures it? Thanks so much!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Calculating flow limitation without OSCAR?
To the best of my knowledge, ResMed's flow limitation algorithm is described in the usual vaguely worded patent application. I doubt that anybody outside of ResMed could duplicate the algorithm.

By the way, I believe that flow limitations are a minor aspect of sleep apnea, and your efforts are better spent working withthe data you have.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Calculating flow limitation without OSCAR?
I see. That's unfortunate, but thank you for the information.
As for the data I already have, my AHI is consistently below 1. But based on what I see in my flow graph, I believe I'm experiencing a lot of RERAs, which my machine seems to label very infrequently. I was hoping to use flow limitation as a marker for when RERAs might be occurring, but I suppose I can get a decent sense of it just from continuing to observe my flow graph.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Oscar question - flow rate graph not showing kkjacks 7 105 03-23-2024, 11:12 AM
Last Post: kkjacks
  OSCAR inconsistency between Lowenstein Obstruction Levels / Flow Limitations? WisNaeMe 8 852 02-18-2024, 09:26 PM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  Flow Rate and Mask pressure missing BuzzaJim 9 526 01-30-2024, 03:55 PM
Last Post: BuzzaJim
  95% flow limitationm goodn 2 518 11-24-2023, 10:36 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  OSCAR selected-period flow-limit JohnPasha 0 463 08-02-2023, 02:08 AM
Last Post: JohnPasha
  [Feature Request] Flow Rate graph to Audio File? omonoiatis9 1 548 05-05-2023, 04:34 PM
Last Post: DavidEsp
  ResMed Flow Limitation "Index" used in OSCAR SleepyHenry2 6 812 09-09-2022, 07:29 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.