Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Philips Dreamstation with Nuance Pro mask - connector?
Philips Dreamstation with Nuance Pro mask - connector?
All,

I'm new to all of this.  I purchased a Philips Dreamstation about 6 months ago and have had reasonable success with it.  I've been using the Respironics DreamWear Nasal CPAP Mask with it but have found that I can only sleep on my back with this mask.  I just purchased a Philips Respironics Nuance Pro Nasal Pillow System because the straps seemed like they would be more conducive to sleeping on my side as well.  When it arrived I was sad to see that the new mask would not connect to the hose of my Dreamstation.  Does anyone have any idea if there is a connector or where to find the a replacement hose that will fit both?

I know this seems trivial but it wasn't to me when I was excited to try my new mask and couldn't   I appreciate any help.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Philips Dreamstation with Nuance Pro mask - connector?
Here is what I think is happening.  The DreamWear Nasal has a "quick disconnect" fitting.  This is supposed to get stuck to the hose so that it is easy to disconnect/reconnect.   It is stuck in your hose right now.

So grab that little fitting from the hose and pull that little sucker out and then put it back on your dreamwear nasal.  

Then plug in your nuance pro.

I never really liked the "quick disconnect" because it is hard to change masks.  It really gets stuck in the hose (on purpose) so it is hard to pull out or even notice it is there.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Philips Dreamstation with Nuance Pro mask - connector?
The connector should be on the end of the mask's hose. And the old connector for the Dreamwear must be on the CPAP's hose. Take the one off the CPAP's hose and it should fit.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NOTICE: Philips Discontinues Numerous Devices and Halts Dreamstation Sales in the U.S. WakeUpTime 56 4,966 Yesterday, 02:51 PM
Last Post: btreger
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,964 359,558 Yesterday, 02:17 PM
Last Post: btreger
  Persistent micro arousals? first few days on ResMed after switch from Philips. manders513 10 1,220 04-17-2024, 01:14 PM
Last Post: freakyfrog
  Do you take out the Tube Outlet Connector in the Airsense 11 to clean? dharma2255 7 184 04-16-2024, 10:03 AM
Last Post: dharma2255
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 184 29,858 04-01-2024, 12:26 PM
Last Post: RayBee
  Foam Removal - Philips System One peewee44 47 10,896 03-26-2024, 05:46 AM
Last Post: jojopuppyfish
  Is my Philips Remstar Pro System One working? alanbc 11 478 03-13-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: alanbc

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.