coolbranch Offline

Preferred Members

Machine: AirSense 10 AutoSet
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Quattro Air
Humidifier: HumidAir Heated Humidifier
CPAP Pressure: 8.6- 12.6
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments: SleepyHead v0.9.8-1 (testing) Build Date: Oct 3 2014 17:17:35 Revision: 4595153 (master branch) Gra

Sex: Male

Calling All Sleepyhead Gurus
Last night I setup new user in SH because I started using an AirSense 10 AutoSet. I also use a CMS50 I pulse oximeter. This morning I imported the pulse oxi data into SH. SH reported 251 pulse change events and 113 SpO2 drop events. Do I have the preference setting in SH correct? My apnea events were about normal for me. AHI 2 for 8 hr 24 min on the machines.

[Image: Oximetry.png]

I LOVE SLEEPYHEAD
03-20-2015 04:09 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
car54 Online

Advisory Members

Machine: PRS1 Model 560P
Mask Make & Model: Airfit F10
Humidifier: PR system one
CPAP Pressure: 9-11
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments:

RE: Calling All Sleepyhead Gurus
Good question. I had hundreds of flags also. I changed the parameters so I would get zero. I am interested in the answer to your question,what should the parameters be?

Sorry I could not help but I am sure someone will answer.
03-22-2015 07:41 PM
quiescence at last Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: REMstar System One with Autoflex
Mask Make & Model: Quattro AirFit F10
Humidifier: yes typical setting = 4
CPAP Pressure: 5-13 Autotritrating CPAP
CPAP Software: SleepyHead EncoreBasic

Other Comments: CMS-50F Plus oximeter /w SPO2 Assistant software. Avowed mouth-breather switching to nose-breathing

RE: Calling All Sleepyhead Gurus
If you want it to tell the truth, then set it to the defaults. It probably was loosely based on industry standards. I found that SpO2 desats seemed to be directly related to my breathing habits, and the pulse changes did not have a clear correlation. That said, there was not always an event for every desat, but there was a noticeable breathing change... I would normally suggest the use of a factor of 3 for an approximation to those that are just using pulse-ox. If they got 113, then I would approximate their RDI as 37 (113/3).

Smile

QAL

Dedicated to QALity sleep.
You'll note I am listed as an Advisory Member. I am honored to be listed as such. See the fine print - Advisory Members as a group provide advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies. Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
03-22-2015 10:56 PM

Donate to Apnea Board

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Calling all CPAP "stomach sleepers"...pillows? 2tired2sleep 8 1,874 03-25-2015 12:48 PM
Last Post: worn_out_in_lebanon
  [Equipment] Calling all bearded guys mkhenry 11 2,988 11-22-2013 04:22 AM
Last Post: zonk