Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

nasal mask vs nose pillows
RE: nasal mask vs nose pillows
I found the nasal mask more comfortable than pillows - I could tolerate the extra structure of the nasal mask better than I could tolerate direct nostril contact. The only problem was controlling eye leaks, which took some adjustment.

As time went on, I had bad skin irritation from the nasal mask. That motivated the switch to pillows, even though I found them less comfortable.

I have since found more comfortable pillows, and I'm more compliant than I ever was with the nasal mask.

Summary: pillows are working much better for me, but it probably boils down to comfort. Do not be afraid to try multiple things. I have had much more success from switching masks than from continuing to try to get used to a mask that was not working great for me.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: nasal mask vs nose pillows
well I tried the airfit p10 and love the feel of them also not getting any leaks keeping my wisp for backup
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Difficulty Exhaling with Nasal Pillows? chill 23 10,752 03-26-2024, 06:13 AM
Last Post: 40plus
  How can I rectify skin breakage from nasal mask? evenflow 2 97 03-20-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Horrible chemically burned bacon smell in nose after water reservoir runs dey icashootnstar 13 1,802 03-18-2024, 09:39 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Staph Infection in Nose: Phaleronic 5 193 03-13-2024, 02:15 AM
Last Post: Snackers
  nasal decongestants helpful with stuffy nose? sleepingbetterinFl 1 144 03-12-2024, 12:23 AM
Last Post: Snackers
  Nasal irrigation sleepingbetterinFl 8 314 03-11-2024, 10:50 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  AirFit F20 Irritating Nose Bridge SavvApnea 40 6,963 03-10-2024, 01:38 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.