Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Calling All Sleepyhead Gurus
Calling All Sleepyhead Gurus
Last night I setup new user in SH because I started using an AirSense 10 AutoSet. I also use a CMS50 I pulse oximeter. This morning I imported the pulse oxi data into SH. SH reported 251 pulse change events and 113 SpO2 drop events. Do I have the preference setting in SH correct? My apnea events were about normal for me. AHI 2 for 8 hr 24 min on the machines.

[Image: Oximetry.png]
OSCAR ROCKS
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Calling All Sleepyhead Gurus
Good question. I had hundreds of flags also. I changed the parameters so I would get zero. I am interested in the answer to your question,what should the parameters be?

Sorry I could not help but I am sure someone will answer.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Calling All Sleepyhead Gurus
If you want it to tell the truth, then set it to the defaults. It probably was loosely based on industry standards. I found that SpO2 desats seemed to be directly related to my breathing habits, and the pulse changes did not have a clear correlation. That said, there was not always an event for every desat, but there was a noticeable breathing change... I would normally suggest the use of a factor of 3 for an approximation to those that are just using pulse-ox. If they got 113, then I would approximate their RDI as 37 (113/3).

Smile

QAL
Dedicated to QALity sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Idea Calling all dreamwear users Bluesv6 7 1,254 03-31-2023, 02:43 PM
Last Post: xaid
  [Equipment] Calling all electronics experts.... macca1024 0 620 03-19-2022, 02:27 AM
Last Post: macca1024
Question Calling on the wizards! hopefulsleeper 10 2,081 02-05-2017, 05:35 PM
Last Post: vsheline
  Calling all CPAP "stomach sleepers"...pillows? 2tired2sleep 8 3,845 03-25-2015, 12:48 PM
Last Post: worn_out_in_lebanon
  [Equipment] Calling all bearded guys mkhenry 11 5,335 11-22-2013, 04:22 AM
Last Post: zonk

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.