Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Calling all CPAP "stomach sleepers"...pillows?
Calling all CPAP "stomach sleepers"...pillows?
Anyone have thought or experiences with the special CPAP pillows? My mask is leaking and the "notched" pillow makes sense but at a 100 bucks for a pillow, I'd like to get more opinions! Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller? Anyone? THX!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Calling all CPAP "stomach sleepers"...pillows?
I tried several CPAP pillows at one time. I do not remember what they were but they did not seem to help me. I seem to do better with a regular pillow but that is me. Most people that I have seen discuss CPAP pi9llows have not been happy with them but some people are. YMMV

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
I tried one that was notched on both sides. One side was foam, and don't know what the other side was, although both sides were as if I were sleeping on a brick. Hated it! $50.00 dollars later! Ohwell
OpalRose
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I spent $64 on a Double PaPillow that sits in the closet. It was too high and firm for me.

I already had a buckwheat pillow, and I can make indentations in it that stay in place.
Post Reply Post Reply
I wasted $60 on the max one. It was hot as all get up, and actually dislodged my mask more. I proceeded to give it to my mother in law Big Grin Ive had great luck with just a $10 cotton pillow, but you have to find what's most comfortable. Unfortunately, anything with cpap in the name is going to have an ungodly mark up associated with it. Best of luck on your journey.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-24-2015, 05:12 PM)worn_out_in_lebanon Wrote: I spent $64 on a Double PaPillow that sits in the closet. It was too high and firm for me.

I already had a buckwheat pillow, and I can make indentations in it that stay in place.

Yay!!! Buckwheat hull pillows!!!

OMM
Post Reply Post Reply
I just use a regular pillow and smoosh it into the position I want it and it works just fine for tummy sleeping
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-24-2015, 09:41 PM)OMyMyOHellYes Wrote:
(03-24-2015, 05:12 PM)worn_out_in_lebanon Wrote: I spent $64 on a Double PaPillow that sits in the closet. It was too high and firm for me.

Yay!!! Buckwheat hull pillows!!!

OMM

I tried Buckwheat hull pillows back before CPAP. I liked the fact that I could shape it however I wanted but by morning the shape did not bear any resemblance to what I had produced the previous night. The other problem that I had with Buckwheat hull pillows was that I am a side sleeper and the hulls were noisy with the slightest movement. All of that was some time back and maybe they have improved by now.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
My buckwheat pillow has quieted down now that the hulls are broken in. Plus I run a Marpac white noise machine at night so that masks a lot of small noises.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Difficulty Exhaling with Nasal Pillows? chill 23 10,769 03-26-2024, 06:13 AM
Last Post: 40plus
  Earplugs for side sleepers? cps22 17 409 03-22-2024, 07:15 AM
Last Post: SheShells23
  Nasal pillows vs. cradle GOIRISH65 8 391 03-04-2024, 07:44 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Flow Limitations Full Face Mask vs Pillows wickedsleepy 4 399 02-23-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: wickedsleepy
Question Snoring worse with FFM vs pillows PaulaO2 12 934 01-28-2024, 12:25 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  Resmed Airfit P30i Nasal Pillows Mask Leak Question fuzz 2 485 01-25-2024, 03:10 PM
Last Post: fuzz
  [Symptoms] Waking up with dry mouth with nasal pillows migui0323 3 531 01-05-2024, 07:39 AM
Last Post: OpalRose

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.