Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Came home to a surprise tonight!
Came home to a surprise tonight!
My brand new Dreamstation 2 was waiting for me!!  I was told to expect it to take months to get so I was shocked to say the least. I unboxed it and read the directions for setup.  Pretty easy.  I downloaded the Dreammapper App and synced the bluetooth.  The modem instantly downloaded settings from my DME and I was ready to go.  Installed disposable filter and filled the humidifier.  I was ready for a nap lol to test it.  It came on right away as I started breathing into my mask (nasal pillows) and soon I was fast asleep. Wook up 45 mins later and was very pleased!The dream mapper app seems pretty good for the basics from what I can see.  They sent a prepaid label to return my Dreamstation original.  I will mention the new machine comes with smaller diameter heated tubing which I found really nice to move around while taking my test nap.  

For those wondering this was my experience with the recall.

First I called a day after it was announced and was told after providing my information that my machine was not part of the recall (by Philips)

2 months later I saw a local news report on the recall and it said the Dreamstation was included so I called again and was told it was recalled!  WTH Philips? I registered for the recall. 

Made an appointment with my sleep Dr and saw her a week later.  She spent the entire visit trying to downplay the recall and discourage me from insisting on a new machine. (I had called my insurance ahead of time and was told if she issued a new order because of the recall they would approve another machine. ) I was firm and said even if there are supply chain issues someone is getting new machines , so why not me?  She gave in and put the order in.

My DME initially asked me if my machine powered up and pumped air.  When I said yes they said there was nothing they could do at this time and just use my current machine. I asked for a supervisor , who apologised for the previous representative and offered to help me through the process.  I wasn't very hopeful but figured I'd wait it out.  

Then today a new machine shows up!  Honestly I think it was just luck that Philips filled my recall order (or possibly because I made a major stink about being given misinformation the first time I called) but who cares.  I'm happy  Grin
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Came home to a surprise tonight!
There were reports that the registration site was so poorly implemented that if you entered an invalid serial number it returned “not affected by the recall” instead of “invalid serial number “ or some other useful error message. They must have hired a trainee programmer who had never implemented any production software.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-13-2021, 10:48 PM)LindanHotAir Wrote: There were reports that the registration site was so poorly implemented that if you entered an invalid serial number it returned “not affected by the recall” instead of “invalid serial number “ or some other useful error message. They must have hired a trainee programmer who had never implemented any production software.

Only thing is I though all Dreamstations of my model type were included so even if the serial number was wrong they still should have said it was part of the recall instead of giving me a false sense of security?
Post Reply Post Reply
What any reasonable person would expect and how they implemented the process are two different things. If you didn’t get your machine registered, try again until it takes your serial number. It is printed on the bottom of the blower unit. It is also displayed on the screen somewhere in the clinical menu. Make sure you use 1, I, O, and 0 in the proper locations with no spaces.
Post Reply Post Reply
My new DS2 machine came last Friday.  I unboxed and it went in the closet.  Along with the DS1.
Thank you,
Brent aka Factor

Just a Regular guy.
My untreated AHI was 87.  You can do it hang in there.
"You can if you will"   Jerry Kramer

Got OSCAR?
Organize Charts
Optimizing Therapy

My Story
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-15-2021, 02:06 PM)factor Wrote: My new DS2 machine came last Friday.  I unboxed and it went in the closet.  Along with the DS1.

Not sure why all the hate? I have the Resmed as well but my DME doesn't support that as it didn't go through my insurance. The DS2 is just as capable of giving me a good nights sleep and I get free accessories from my DME (filters, masks, etc). Seems worth it to me. My DS1 is on it's way back to Philips.
Post Reply Post Reply
They will supply the ResMed also - they are there to make money AND they do off supplies no matter which machine you have they don’t give a da—!
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-15-2021, 06:40 PM)speed3914 Wrote: Not sure why all the hate? I have the Resmed as well but my DME doesn't support that as it didn't go through my insurance. The DS2 is just as capable of giving me a good nights sleep and I get free accessories from my DME (filters, masks, etc). Seems worth it to me. My DS1 is on it's way back to Philips.
Not sure why I dislike them either:
1) their device could harm me for life. (lung damage, Cancer)
2) they knew for years it could but did nothing.
3) they didn't test the machine well enough to know this on the frontend.  It took prospective study to find it.

Its debatable they made a cheaper device, also they turned it out right after the announcement.

The DME wants to collect money and the easiest way is though insurance.  I would much prefer a better machine over a DME.  Everything is a fraction of the cost online as paid for by you on insurance.  

Why in the world would you send the only Physical evidence back to them?  (this is what they want is to get rid of the evidence.) Its the only link your family has to use as proof you were effected by the device.  If you get Lung cancer in the next 20 years what will you do to prove it was the machine.

I dont hate them I really like their masks.
Thank you,
Brent aka Factor

Just a Regular guy.
My untreated AHI was 87.  You can do it hang in there.
"You can if you will"   Jerry Kramer

Got OSCAR?
Organize Charts
Optimizing Therapy

My Story
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What's the best home sleep test currently on the market? Lucky7 4 126 11 hours ago
Last Post: OpalRose
Question [Diagnosis] Home Sleep Study Results & Feedback togapilot 6 535 03-26-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: togapilot
  Home Sleep Study - Low AHI but significant desat ArcherNeedsSleep 65 5,932 03-19-2024, 07:08 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  REM and Sleep Stage Tracking at Home rwelliot 15 5,333 02-26-2024, 03:49 AM
Last Post: DebJ
  Home Sleep apnea test xaid 5 869 02-21-2024, 09:28 PM
Last Post: BDayton
  iNAP First Night Test Tonight (Running with APAP) Apnea23 4 1,217 01-21-2024, 10:32 PM
Last Post: scowell
  I cannot fall asleep with my bipap/home ventilator. Hypoglossal nerve stimulator? Jay51 220 14,636 01-17-2024, 11:02 AM
Last Post: Jay51

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.