Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Camping With a CPAP
Camping With a CPAP
Plan to do some primitive camping next month. What do people do for power to operate their CPAP machine? Someone told me they were using a gravity battery charger with some sort of converter or transformer, not sure which. Any suggestions or help would be appreciated.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Camping With a CPAP
There is no single best solution.
Use the search function at the top of the page and search for threads in the main forum with keyword *camping*; and again with *battery*.

Read some of the resulting threads to get an idea how to DIY a setup.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
There is an excellent chart on ResMed device battery usage in the members only files section. Not sure if I'm supposed to link it here, I'll shoot you a PM. You'll want to lose the humidifier if you can.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks I checked it out and I really like the compact size and no humidifier. The site says they are working on a battery option, but could not find out if they might have already made that option available.
Post Reply Post Reply
If you go down to the bottom of this post you'll see "Possibly Related Threads..."
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm sorry when I posted that I was looking at JustMongo's profile info. You don't have a ResMed. Whatever you do test it at home before you go. Enjoy your trip I love primitive camping as well.

Dave
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-10-2017, 08:52 PM)DavePaulson Wrote: I'm sorry when I posted that I was looking at JustMongo's profile info. You don't have a ResMed. Whatever you do test it at home before you go. Enjoy your trip I love primitive camping as well.

Dave

I wonder.  What kind of CPAP did the primitives use?

WWGD?

OMMOHY

*What Would Gilligan Do?
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-10-2017, 09:53 PM)OMyMyOHellYes Wrote: I wonder.  What kind of CPAP did the primitives use?

There's a whole lot more cheating than just CPAP. Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
Huhsign
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lowenstein Prisma 20A - how can I work out energy usage for camping? JamesD0079 4 628 02-15-2024, 04:16 PM
Last Post: JamesD0079
  Camping with CPAP - any tips? SuperSleeper 43 7,630 10-16-2023, 07:08 PM
Last Post: Hintertux
  [Equipment] CPAP and Camping Dogberto 2 572 07-16-2023, 05:41 PM
Last Post: Dogberto
  CPAP Substitute While Camping or Traveling Liegeinski 10 2,630 01-23-2023, 01:09 AM
Last Post: RainbowFish
  Dry Camping with CPAP ApneaticBill 2 787 06-08-2022, 01:25 PM
Last Post: ApneaticBill
  [Equipment] Cold-weather camping? tundranapper 4 877 05-26-2022, 07:23 AM
Last Post: RNeil
  Small camping CPAP + battery system recommendations Greg_R 0 1,011 10-18-2021, 04:27 PM
Last Post: Greg_R

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.