Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Camping help needed! Resmed Airsense 10
Camping help needed! Resmed Airsense 10
Hello, two people in my house use the Resmed Airsense 10. One "for her" LOL

Anyhow, we're going to be camping to see the eclipse coming up on the 21st. And we need to figure out how to power our machines. 

I had considered purchasing a generator, but my partner is against that. 
I wondered if there was a way to perhaps use a deep cycle battery?
Or, should I just purchase a couple of these off of Amazon? I cant post the link, but it's a battery system made by Resmed. 
 If I get that battery system, will it last for fie days without needing a recharge? Because that's a whole other problem to solve. 

Anyhow, what do you all think?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Camping help needed! Resmed Airsense 10
There is a very capable battery and converter kit on Amazon called the
BiXPower Super High Capacity (159 Watt-hour) Rechargeable Lithium-ion Battery for Laptop Computers and ResMed AirSense 10 CPAP Machine CP170-S10

This appears to be a very capable outfit with every thing included for up to 3-nights of battery power (without humidifier or heated hose), and costs $250. Keep in mind any battery solution will require the Resmed DC to DC converter which normally costs $90, but is included here.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
THANKYOU!!!! You just saved my sanity, and our family a couple hundred bucks!!!   My partner, who is an engineer, took one look at that battery on Amazon, smiled, nodded, and handed my laptop back to me. From him, that's high praise for a tech device. 

Also, we now have a backup for when the power goes out. It doesn't go out very often here, but it's nice to know I don't have to worry about it anymore. 
Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
Enjoy the Eclipse!
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi MargaretYakoda2,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
I hope you have a nice camping trip, good luck to you with CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Wishing you clear skies!
Sleepster

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 6 470 5 hours ago
Last Post: Phaleronic
  New to CPAP Titration Study and OSCAR Data Help Needed slowmoto 0 51 03-17-2024, 07:09 PM
Last Post: slowmoto
  [Equipment] ResMed AirSense 11 compatible pulse oximeters timtaller 63 24,929 03-16-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: e727147
  Help needed to understand chart SteveC 0 78 03-11-2024, 11:54 PM
Last Post: SteveC
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 67 25,333 03-10-2024, 06:54 PM
Last Post: mikekowalski
  What happens when SD card fills? - Resmed Airsense 10 Craigtech 1 182 03-10-2024, 04:12 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Setting time and date on Resmed Airsense 10 cmadon 42 32,015 03-08-2024, 09:13 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.