Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Camping using Converter
There is an insignificant inefficiency in stepping up DC voltage, but it is not anything like the inefficiency of a DC to AC inverter. A number I have seen is greater than 85% efficiency. The main disadvantage is the cost of the proprietary connector and the bulk of the converter rather than just using a simple connector cord. If I recall from an earlier discussion, the Resmed power supplies deliver a small current measured in Ohms to the center pin. Without that signal the machine will not operate on an unauthorized power supply. If all we had to so was step-up from 12-24 volts, that would be pretty easy.

I have a Philips Respironics BiPAP backup machine and use that on straight 12V power if I use a battery.
Post Reply Post Reply
Code:
current measured in Ohms...

Current is measured in Amperes (with or without a multiplying prefix such as "milli")
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-26-2017, 09:37 AM)justMongo Wrote:
Code:
current measured in Ohms...

Current is measured in Amperes (with or without a multiplying prefix such as "milli")

Yes, ohms measure electrical resistance
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Camping help needed! Resmed Airsense 10 MargaretYakoda2 5 332 08-02-2017, 11:04 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  Not to waste things .... S9 DC converter OMyMyOHellYes 2 139 07-26-2017, 10:07 PM
Last Post: OMyMyOHellYes
  camping succes! Farrier2 9 610 07-19-2017, 08:33 PM
Last Post: pholynyk
  Battery usage, while camping hansk 78 3,883 07-12-2017, 12:56 PM
Last Post: OMyMyOHellYes
  Camping With a CPAP dogmuck 11 477 07-11-2017, 07:41 PM
Last Post: trish6hundred
  Apap to CPAP for camping, settings question. DavePaulson 20 910 06-04-2017, 08:19 AM
Last Post: DavePaulson
  ASV newbie, camping suggestions bdladdy 4 362 04-21-2017, 12:03 AM
Last Post: Ockrocket