Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Can’t stop sneezing
Angry 
Can’t stop sneezing
Hi All! I am new to the CPAP world and having a hard time adjusting. I am using the ResMed Air Mini w/ the AirFit P10 nasal pillows and the AirFit N30 nasal cradle. For some reason I cannot stop sneezing and my sinuses are running like faucets! I sneeze 100 times (yes we counted one day)a day now and pulled a muscle in my back I sneezed so hard!!!! I don’t want to stop using the machine but dang I cannot keep on sneezing like this! I have tried the NasoGel, saline spray and NasalMed contraption that flushes out my sinuses! Never have experienced anything like this…HELP
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Can’t stop sneezing
You might want to try Flonase or its generic equivalent.  The neti pot is a good idea too.  I use mine in the morning, then spray Flonase right before going to bed.  My doctor told me that it stays in the nose and sinuses better if you take it then.  Unlike most other meds used for nasal and sinus problems, Flonase can safely be used for as long as you need it.  For me, that is every day.

P.S.  I'm not qualified to give medical advice.  I'm just telling you what I was advised to do and what works for me.  Shy
Machine:  ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto
Mask:  Bleep DreamPort Sleep Solution
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Can’t stop sneezing
Hello SkyGal,

Welcome to ApneaBoard!

Coincidentally, last night, second time ever in 8 years, I took off and left off my mask for the rest of the night. Three sneezes in succession fouled the Brevida and I cast it aside.

To your problem. What's changed besides sneeze frequency and using the AirMini (AM)?
Sneezing problems are nothing to sneeze at. Blowing-nose  Help those of us with related experience hone-in or speculate on reasons by answering these and others' questions:

-Did sneezing frequency begin to, or suddenly, rise as soon as you started with the AM?
-How long have you used the AM?
-Are sneezes clustered in a particular time of your daily cycle?
-Are you new to your location and environment with its particular dust and allergens?
-What might you have changed (clothing materials, bedding, carpet, cleaners, foods, drugs, pet, soaps, detergents, perfume, etc.)? 
-What has been known to cause you to sneeze at all or at increased frequency?

I too have had sneezes cause significant temporary back or shoulder pain a couple times a year.

Lifelong: emerging from a dark space into bright sunlight most often triggers a sneeze; I'm tolerant of cold, but getting a slight chill,  felt on my neck and sometimes along the top of my shoulders, often (and most consistently) sends me into a cyclic  20+ hard-sneezing fit. Each sneeze begins with a trivial, cyclical chill wave sensation. I've tried many ways to stop series of sneezes--rarely successful. Fortunately, the fits almost always come at home, but when driving and a sneeze sneaks up you gotta stay focused, in control and hope for a single.

Only recently I came to see plausible explanation for my nose tending to run suddenly during or right after a meal; it turns out runny nose and cold symptoms are often an allergic-reaction/side-effect of Repatha injections.

Others with your condition will likely have more relevant experience and questions than these. Good luck.
I have no particular qualifications or expertise with respect to the apnea/cpap/sleep related content of my posts beyond my own user experiences and what I've learned from others on this site. Each of us bears the burden of evaluating the validity and applicability of what we read here before acting on it.  

Of my 3 once-needed, helpful, and adjunctive devices I have listed, only the accelerometer remains operative (but now idle). My second CMS50I died, too, of old age and the so-so Dreem 2 needs head-positioning band repair--if, indeed, Dreem even supports use of it now.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Just given a Phillips Dreamstation 2 the same day Phillips agrees to stop selling Montacute 39 1,469 02-09-2024, 11:54 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question Any tips to stop strap riding up on N30i mask BobbieM 37 6,543 02-08-2024, 06:25 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  [Equipment] A new ResMed AirSense 10 fails to do Smart Stop when at higher altitude. mountaincat 6 540 01-28-2024, 07:40 AM
Last Post: mountaincat
Gross [CPAP] New RESMED 10 Won't Stop ddwalker 4 410 12-15-2023, 11:57 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  How do I stop this rainout?!?! Please help tierdal 17 1,208 12-12-2023, 08:59 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  How to stop leakages from the F30i Full Face Mask by ResMed Jose Castro 8 1,483 11-18-2023, 04:37 AM
Last Post: UnknownActor
  airmini smart stop leads to many on/off events elliotg 4 566 10-18-2023, 12:08 PM
Last Post: OpalRose

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.