Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Can I Get Older EncorePro version
Can I Get Older EncorePro version
I had been running EncorePro Version 2.17.8.0 for a very long time and was very happy with it and then my hard drive blew up. I have tried to execute 2.23 several times with no luck. I get a notice that my system needs to reboot. I have tried it several ways including power down and reload but it just doesn't work. So then I tried Sleepyhead and although that software loaded very easy I just don't like the reports as well as EncorePro. Is there any way I can download an older version of EncorePro?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Can I Get Older EncorePro version
You said your hard drive blew up.....so do you have a new computer/different operating system? Check the requirements for running Encore Pro 2.23.

EncorePro 2.23 works on certain Microsoft Windows computers (32 bit and 64 bit versions of Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10). There is currently no version available for other Operating Systems such as Mac OS X or Linux.

I don’t know about an older version of Encore Pro, but I am still checking. Why not try OSCAR software. SleepyHead is no longer supported.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
My older version was loaded under Windows 10. From the disk drive problem Microsoft reloaded but it is still Windows 10.
I did say Sleepyhead but when I followed the links to them from the forum I was redirected to Oscar. So actually I did load Oscar not Sleepyhead. Sorry to mis-lead. 
It loaded just  fine but the reports are not as easily read. Oscar seems more technical, not as patient oriented as EncorePro and EP's reports are easily understood; even my Doctor was impressed.
Post Reply Post Reply
Dino, since you are using a System One machine, are you sure you are not looking for EncoreBasic, not EncorePro? Encorebasic is much easier to use and install and on your machine provides the same information with a considerably less complex program.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I am not really sure what a System One is. Haven't heard that term before. They called this a Phillips Dreamstation. Would that work on EncoreBasic? Yes, even though I was using an old EP (2.17) it was complex to install and get running. Once done though I liked the output. If the basic would take my SD OK, and it is less complex, I would like to try it. Can you lead me to where I can get it? Dino
Post Reply Post Reply
It looks like your using a DreamStation Pro (DSX400S11). I’m going by what’s in your profile. Unfortunately, it won’t work with Encore Basic.

I don’t see that we have the earlier version of Encore Pro.

Most doctors do like the Encore software, as that is what they are used to.  But for most folk here, we like to follow our data, and nothing seems to beat OSCAR.  

Of course, there is nothing wrong with using both software packages and comparing data.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I was mistaken. The Philips System One CPAPs were the generation before Dreamstation and the CPAP Pro model was DS460P. I just misread your model. EncorePro is needed for Dreamstations. I'm still surprised to hear you refer to OSCAR as more technical and harder to use. The graphics make it much more understandable to most people.

Since you reinstalled Windows 10, you probably need to be sure the SQL support files are installed and configured...discussed here http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...#pid289955
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you very much Sleeprider and OpalRose. After reading the thread on SQL, etc. that Sleeprider referenced there is no way I go any further. I've had enough problems with software/hardware in the last three months. Looks like I will play around with the Oscar output. I appreciate your time and ideas on this. It's been most informative. Dino
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New version doesn't find profile BlueSky1958 7 102 03-26-2024, 04:59 PM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  The OSCAR 1.5.1 does not see the notes recorded in the earlier version. G. Szabo 2 207 02-26-2024, 08:19 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  New software version doesn't view properly, wide screen mode? piratekitty 3 370 02-10-2024, 08:38 PM
  OSCAR old version Apnearod 17 2,196 02-06-2024, 04:59 PM
Last Post: untoutseul05
Thumbsup ResScan 7.0 now available! [old version] SuperSleeper 54 17,640 12-30-2023, 07:44 PM
Last Post: jocemar
Sad Graphics bug in 1.5.1 Deb 12 version Gooserider 2 503 12-26-2023, 09:08 PM
  Are older versions of OSCAR available to download? leonking 0 299 11-23-2023, 03:01 PM
Last Post: leonking

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.