Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Can I change RAMP starting number?
RE: Can I change RAMP starting number?
OMG.......It works! I am surprised myself Smile Got to ask this question too...Is the sleep doctor going to know that I've been 'self-adjusting' my machine when he downloads the SD card? Don't really care to have 'another' lecture from him or even worse to have him threaten to come and get my machine. I love my CPAP machine, both the first one I had and this one.
Post Reply Post Reply
It depends. All you are doing is the ramp feature and the sleep quality (not sure what that is). The ramp is a comfort feature and I would assume he would rather you are comfortable and using the machine.

If he raises a fuss, tell him it had nothing to do with the actual treatment.

Who paid for the machine? Insurance? He would have to tell the insurance company who really only cares about how many hours a night you are using it. I doubt he would make them take the machine away.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-07-2012, 03:18 PM)GrammaBear Wrote: ...Is the sleep doctor going to know that I've been 'self-adjusting' my machine when he downloads the SD card? Don't really care to have 'another' lecture from him or even worse to have him threaten to come and get my machine.

Not from the summary data on the card, but to be absolutely certain, and to provide you with "plausible deniability" :grin: you can reset everything to the way it originally was before taking the card in. The only thing the card can provide that would disclose the Ramp info might be the detailed info the card keeps for a maximum of 7 days. If they chose to download that, they could possibly determine ONLY that you changed the Ramp setting, which is not a treatment setting anyway - it is a comfort feature. The Sleep Quality would not appear on anything they can download. And if you want, I can provide detailed instructions on how to delete the detailed info from the card as well, assuming you can use Windows Explorer. And as Paula noted, you are the one who owns the machine.
Breathing keeps you alive. And PAP helps keep you breathing!
Post Reply Post Reply
Well-done turning on the sleep quality. Sometimes wonder why they do turn it off so the S9 don,t record any efficacy data and doesn't even help the doctor in the follow appointment. Sort of like having a Rolls-Royce but no one gives you the keys to drive :grin:
Post Reply Post Reply
Ramp is an important setting. It is typically scripted by the Doctor. Ramp should not be played with unless you have contacted your Dr. first.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ramp is a comfort setting and machines are typically supplied with the ramp set at factory settings.

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-26-2016, 09:04 AM)mikemelroy Wrote: Ramp is an important setting. It is typically scripted by the Doctor. Ramp should not be played with unless you have contacted your Dr. first.

The machine belongs to me, not to the doctor. I think if I can manage an insulin pump for 8+ years I can manage a cpap machine. Besides this thread is 4 years old!

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks GrammaBear, I needed a good laugh today. Lolabove
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
all the ramp does is get you to the higher prescribed treatment pressure settings gently. It looks like you are in a treatment range of 10 to 16, so to prevent you feeling like you were hit in the nose with a gale force wind, the ramp "gently" takes you there. For any number of us, once we get use to the pressure levels we sleep with every night, the ramp gets turned off. I used it (oh so many years ago) for about 3 nights, and went - this is dumb - I need a pressure of 9 to breath, why am I starting at 4? and rest the ramp to a higher number, and then just never used it. I mentioned it to my doctor who said, "I could of told you that you were going to do that". FYI - on the Respironics machines reportage (Encore Basic) I think it has on the last page what the ramp setting is, but nobody cares. They are interested in compliance (days used with hours over 4) at the DME, and hopefully the AHI and charts for the Dr.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-26-2016, 11:11 AM)PaytonA Wrote: Ramp is a comfort setting and machines are typically supplied with the ramp set at factory settings.

+1
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Airsense 11 Time Zone Change ScottZZZ 60 17,426 03-26-2024, 11:56 AM
Last Post: somewherein413
  [CPAP] Prisma 20A - Change of machine and regression elliott.981. 17 1,702 03-21-2024, 10:25 AM
Last Post: Macka
  Slept fully twice in 3 months since starting CPAP for CSA redking2436 13 671 02-18-2024, 08:30 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Any change recommendations to machine? NativTxn 2 317 02-17-2024, 03:28 PM
Last Post: NativTxn
  High Number of Central Apneas HungryPanda 5 453 02-13-2024, 09:19 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Number of Events? Heaviside 8 333 02-12-2024, 07:17 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [Symptoms] Recent Symptom - Settings Change? MamaK55 1 164 02-10-2024, 06:03 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.