Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Can I change RAMP starting number?
Can I change RAMP starting number?
I just started with the ResMed S9 machine several nights ago? I am having a hard time with the RAMP speed starting at 4 - after I've come back from using the bathroom several times a night. My starting CPAP pressure is between 13-18, and with the RAMP speed starting at 4 it feels like I am choking. The DME person who delivered my machine told me it is set that way at the factory and cannot be changed.......is he right?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Can I change RAMP starting number?
He lied like a dog.

You can go to the Private Files section and request a clinician manual. In that, it tells you how to set it. It is very easy to do. I just checked and mine is set to a default start of 5. But I don't even use ramp anymore.

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-P...-and-Links
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Do you think these DME people lie 'on purpose' or do they really not know? Makes me disappointed in him.
Post Reply Post Reply
Since I don't know him, I can't say for sure.

So it is two things and neither are good.

Either he knew and lied. (You're "just" the patient and don't need to know the secrets.)

Or he didn't know which is just as bad. (I just push the machines out the door.)
PaulaO

Post Reply Post Reply
GrammaBear, welcome to Apnea Board.

Here's a link to an info page, showing how to get into the S9 Setup menu and change pressures (also has some videos that are informative):

http://www.apneaboard.com/resmed-s9-cpap-setup

Also, just got your email requesting the manual... sending that now also..

Coffee
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
I really need to explore the site more. I had no clue that page existed!
PaulaO

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-07-2012, 08:54 AM)PaulaO2 Wrote: I really need to explore the site more. I had no clue that page existed!

Yeah, the link was kind of buried inside the Clinician Manual page.... Apology-2

Here's a similar page on how to setup the PR System One machines:

http://www.apneaboard.com/pr-system-one-...structions

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
GrammaBear, now that you have the clinicians manual you can increase the ramp starting pressure, change the ramp time, or turn it off all together. I don't use mine because I didn't notice the pressure after a little while.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-07-2012, 08:19 AM)PaulaO2 Wrote: Since I don't know him, I can't say for sure.

So it is two things and neither are good.

Either he knew and lied. (You're "just" the patient and don't need to know the secrets.)

Or he didn't know which is just as bad. (I just push the machines out the door.)

Ahah.......it is the first possiibility that you offered. I noticed on my delivery invoice that my insurance company was charged for the Climateline tubing and the DME brought the slimline tubing. So I called the DME office to inquire about it and asked them the RAMP question. Turns out that they will change my RAMP number as I requested and send me a new SD card. The office lady said "Didn't ----- change it for you?" So I told her what he told me. So he knew how and probably being a Friday night and his last call of the day, he just didn't want to do it. Sad

Post Reply Post Reply
Good for you to catch the invoice discrepancy! I check mine, too, and have found a few "mistakes" made by the "computer". Riiiight.
PaulaO

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Airsense 11 Time Zone Change ScottZZZ 60 17,431 03-26-2024, 11:56 AM
Last Post: somewherein413
  [CPAP] Prisma 20A - Change of machine and regression elliott.981. 17 1,705 03-21-2024, 10:25 AM
Last Post: Macka
  Slept fully twice in 3 months since starting CPAP for CSA redking2436 13 672 02-18-2024, 08:30 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Any change recommendations to machine? NativTxn 2 318 02-17-2024, 03:28 PM
Last Post: NativTxn
  High Number of Central Apneas HungryPanda 5 453 02-13-2024, 09:19 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Number of Events? Heaviside 8 333 02-12-2024, 07:17 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [Symptoms] Recent Symptom - Settings Change? MamaK55 1 164 02-10-2024, 06:03 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.