Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Can I get admitted to the hospital 4 oxygen? Plus, Backstory
RE: Can I get admitted to the hospital 4 oxygen? Plus, Backstory
You said you already have a machine but need a mask.  I hate insurance, so I go my own way.  Amazon sells everything.

Here's what I use as I am a mouth breather:61203 - Mirage Quattro Full Face System - Retail Packaged - Large (no hose, but you can buy for under $10)

Search on Amazon - Mirage Quattro Full Face Mask for $136.00 for a large mask (I use medium at 5-9 180 lbs)

Commercial Link Removed

You have to ask yourself.  If you are so concerned isn't spending $150 worth your life?

[Image: 31m59%2BfBIXL.jpg]

-----
Moderator Action: Link Removed

To maintain our status as an educational organization, the only commercial links allowed in this forum are to CPAP-related manufacturer websites.  This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules with details given in the Commercial Links Policy section.

-----
Post Reply Post Reply
check the fit guides in the mask primer
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi ineedhelpandadvice12,
You may be able to use Amazon to replace just the pillows/cushions of your old mask. Good luck.
The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Errr I'm really annoyed. I finally checked out everything... tried to clean the mask it still smells of mildew. And what's worse is I really do think the blower is blowing mildew of some kind bc I ran it with the humidifier off blowing in my face for a few seconds and my face got red and got hives/itchy.

I got the results of my sleep study today...59 events per hour... my oxygen goes to 68% in my sleep ...the results were given to me over the phone so i have no clue how much of the time that is the case

I am having high heart rate episodes during the day, but I got my heart checked within the past few months and everything is fine so far other than that so thank God :-)

I don't know how long I have to go without a machine tho because the doctor seemed like it would take another week or two to get things going :-(

What should I do? What can I do?

I have to now tell them I don't have a machine at home. My insurance is the free kind from the state bc I don't have a job so I have no clue how I am going to get a machine....last time I had Blue Cross Blue Shield and they rented me it until I bought it off them.
Post Reply Post Reply
I think someone has suggested, wash your humidifier, hose and mask and run air through your machine for a few hours
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
I did wash my mask still smells like mildew so I will have to get a new one on Amazon but you really think if I run the blower for long enough the mildew smell will come out of it?!?
Post Reply Post Reply
I have used Ozium natural scent to disinfect and remove odors, including smoke in PAP machines. I spray the Ozium on a cotton ball and let the machine draw in the vapor. It works well, just don't get carried away and spray it directly into the intake. Ozium is available at auto stores and Amazon.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
It would be a good idea to get a new mask anyway, but I would have thought soaking the hose and mask disassembled in a sink overnight, with approved cleaning products would be enough. I know my mask and hose had the smell of the cleaning product after several rinses and took a couple of days to go.

we don't get Ozium here, but I assume nilodor would be a similar product? I'd even add some to the wash water for the hose and mask
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
Ozium can usually be found at a Fixed Base Operator(FBO) located at private aviation airport. It works wonders on the odor after a passenger shows off what he had for breakfast.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Your original prescription probably has 99 months or lifetime or such on it.
You mentioned sleep study but do you have your original prescription?

If you have that prescription and it was written for lifetime you can order whatever you need or go buy locally right now to speed up.
You can also buy masks lots of places without a script.
It is also possible to buy decent used machines at MEP's. 
Local MEP places also have closeouts and stuff sometime, at least the last several places I lived they did.

You might be able to pick up a cheap mask and hose and start with very little if you use the old machine and new supplies.
I know I saw a used Airsense 10 at my local MEP with a new mask and hose and a warranty for like 399.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Oxygen levels below 90% for 7% of night and below 94% for 34% inspite of Bipap bhavintu79 14 687 03-08-2024, 05:06 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  AirMini with Oxygen darral.freund 2 924 02-08-2024, 12:23 PM
Last Post: darral.freund
  ResMed AirSense 11 + ClimateLine 11 Heated Tubing + Oxygen YankeeLaker 2 359 01-22-2024, 08:17 PM
Last Post: YankeeLaker
  Sleep study review / O2 ring - Oxygen Desaturation SingleH 5 532 01-07-2024, 05:18 PM
Last Post: SingleH
  Why would supplemental Oxygen be added to CPAP? kc90 18 1,069 01-02-2024, 11:47 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Is there a standrad for Oxygen Desat Events. dataq1 3 418 12-27-2023, 04:57 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  Oxygen into CPAP hose when at high altitude Lfmichel 4 543 12-20-2023, 09:39 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.