Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Can I get admitted to the hospital 4 oxygen? Plus, Backstory
RE: Can I get admitted to the hospital 4 oxygen? Plus, Backstory
Update:

So I went to the CPAP Clinic today and they told me not to use my old machine if there is mold in it. They fitted me for a mask .. the Quattro Air one and they tested me on a setting of 4 upright just to see about leaks and such and it seemed okay so that's the one they are going to use for my titration study. But I have crap insurance (free from the state) so I don't know when I can get the study since they said they have had trouble getting insurance approval from my insurance company for the in house studies. If that gets denied there is another route I need to do for an in-home study again where they give you the machine and slowly over 30 days figure out your pressure.

Anyhow I asked when things would start to happen she literally had no idea. She acted like it could be a week or more :-(

Someone suggested buying a used machine outright... I was going to buy the mask bc that's only like $100 but I really cannot afford a $399 machine plus a $100 mask right now as my boyfriend just lost his job and he needs every cent from a new job to make up rent this month.

I am suffering pretty badly... I keep shaking uncontrollably while awake, sometimes I cannot walk smoothly... like literally my muscles go rigid and I walk like a robot, I am getting high heart rate every time I move around  (130-140), I also have cold clammy skin. I keep taking multiple naps a day...luckily I have no job or I'd lose it I am sure from not being able to wake up or function well.

Am I going to die from this? Or can this go on for another week or two.. it seems to be getting worse each week. I am really worried that my new and worsening physical symptoms are making it more possible for a sudden stroke/heart attack or at least heart disease.

Should I literally show up at the hospital at the Neurology department and demand someone help me? When you call you literally get put on hold for hours and when you do get someone you get the runaround... so I feel like calling is no use.

Please help!!! Any thoughts would be helpful!
Post Reply Post Reply
Google; "CPAP assistance program".
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you sooo much!!! I just filled it out the application form and I'm going to the nearest ATM right now to deposit the money to them. I figure I am up anyhow unable to sleep at 4am might as well just get on this. The only thing I am worried about is I am not sure if the paperwork I have qualifies for an "official" prescription... but I can try. If you guys say just go back to my original hospital and doctor and get the prescription it won't be so easy to do that bc they make you pay to release your records and you can only release them to another doctor not yourself so it is a horribly long process that can take months. Hopefully, the paperwork I have is good enough to email them with...I will let you guys know how it goes!
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-27-2017, 03:09 AM)ineedhelpandadvice12 Wrote: Thank you sooo much!!! I just filled it out the application form and I'm going to the nearest ATM right now to deposit the money to them. I figure I am up anyhow unable to sleep at 4am might as well just get on this. The only thing I am worried about is I am not sure if the paperwork I have qualifies for an "official" prescription... but I can try. If you guys say just go back to my original hospital and doctor and get the prescription it won't be so easy to do that bc they make you pay to release your records and you can only release them to another doctor not yourself so it is a horribly long process that can take months. Hopefully, the paperwork I have is good enough to email them with...I will let you guys know how it goes!

The part about your prescription is wrong. Under HIPAA YOU have a right to your records. Under the law they do have the right to charge a reasonable fee to duplicate them, however I have never been charged this. I only think you would run into this if you were pulling xrays or something, your stuff will just be a couple pieces of paper. I think my rx plus all sleep study records is like ten pages.

All you have to do is ask for them. I doubt they are so behind the times they would say no, but if so just say you're entitled to them under HIPAA.
You can release them to another doctor if you want but you have the right to have them in your hand.

Aah HIPAA, the illusion of medical privacy.

HIPAA
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Oxygen levels below 90% for 7% of night and below 94% for 34% inspite of Bipap bhavintu79 14 674 03-08-2024, 05:06 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  AirMini with Oxygen darral.freund 2 918 02-08-2024, 12:23 PM
Last Post: darral.freund
  ResMed AirSense 11 + ClimateLine 11 Heated Tubing + Oxygen YankeeLaker 2 356 01-22-2024, 08:17 PM
Last Post: YankeeLaker
  Sleep study review / O2 ring - Oxygen Desaturation SingleH 5 525 01-07-2024, 05:18 PM
Last Post: SingleH
  Why would supplemental Oxygen be added to CPAP? kc90 18 1,061 01-02-2024, 11:47 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Is there a standrad for Oxygen Desat Events. dataq1 3 417 12-27-2023, 04:57 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  Oxygen into CPAP hose when at high altitude Lfmichel 4 543 12-20-2023, 09:39 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.