Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Can I get two Machines with my prescription?
Can I get two Machines with my prescription?
I just finished my sleep study and have severe sleep apnea AHI 67.1. It looks like I'll be waiting for a while before I get my ResMed AirCurve 10, but I see I can possibly buy a used one or maybe get an airmini. I still want my insurance to buy the new one, but in the meantime can I buy, out of pocket, a used machine as well basically having 2 machines?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Can I get two Machines with my prescription?
Sure, check Craig’s list or FB for private seller or get a script from your Dr. and buy from a supplier online. There’s a vendors list on here and a few of them deal in used machines as well.
Post Reply Post Reply
There's no reason you would be restricted from buying a machine out of pocket as long as you have a prescription. No one, including your doctor, insurance or DME needs to be aware of that.

Let your insurance coverage pay for the new one. And it's good to have a backup.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Perfect!! Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
Yeah nothing is stopping you from paying out of pocket, just a reminder though to make sure you are using the right one during the 90 day period in which the insurance is wanting to make sure you are using your machine in order to actually cover it.(I assume you would, but just a reminder since if you use the wrong machine your insurance wouldn't see that as usage and would go "you are not using it so we are not covering it")
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  csa machines cexer 1 78 03-20-2024, 01:43 PM
Last Post: cexer
  Prescription for specific mask types? Slycer 2 124 03-17-2024, 09:34 PM
Last Post: Slycer
  Returning defective machines to Philips Respironics big_dave 5 679 02-04-2024, 02:15 PM
Last Post: big_dave
  Central vs. OA Events: Switching Machines or Tweaking Current CPAP Settings? fjones416 4 501 12-14-2023, 12:28 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Difference in Machines SufiMindtricks 8 596 11-26-2023, 11:59 AM
Last Post: HappySailor
  Prescription settings AfibApnea 12 795 11-21-2023, 09:08 PM
Last Post: AfibApnea
  SoClean & other CPAP cleaning machines britincanada 505 83,190 11-12-2023, 12:35 PM
Last Post: Sleepster

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.