Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Can I pay a RT/ST to look at ResScan reports (Ohio)?
Can I pay a RT/ST to look at ResScan reports (Ohio)?
(There are no appointments for sleep docs in Cleveland/Akron/Cleveland anytime soon who will see new patients, so unless you know of a name, please don't tell me to see a sleep doctor) 
Say I convince a MD to write a cpap script (with no pressures), can a RT/ST company do the titration, or would they typically insist on pressure figures? Would there be much to do with a S9 VPAP Auto? 

Can I pay a RT/ST to interpret ResScan or Sleepyhead reports? If you are able or know someone who can, could you please DM me? Basically I just want someone who knows what they're doing to tell me whether I can continue to self manage or if I need to go back for another formal study.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Can I pay a RT/ST to look at ResScan reports (Ohio)?
Titration is not too difficult to DIY. Download #sleepyhead and follow direction in my signature for organizing and posting charts, then watch the answers magically appear.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Well, if you get a prescription from your PCP or other Dr., no real need for help. if you understand the reports, ask your Dr for a prescription for an APAP and order it from the supplier list. I used #30 to get my ResMed Air 10 Auto, and prescription is good for 99 months, so be sure to get a printed scrip. I live in Ohio and have been using CPAP set at 12 for 15+ years, and got worried about the age of the equipment, so I got a new scrip from PCP, and #30 took my insurance. Other suppliers may support insurance but I don't know. I' used Supplier #1 for years for masks and parts, but they do no take insurance. 

When I got my machine I used links here to enter setup mode  to set minimum and maximum pressures and to enable auto start/stop mode. Using my machine now with sleepyhead (didn't have that choice before) my average pressure is 12.6, max up to 17ish but I need to look at another months worth of data before I lower max pressure from 20 (have leak issues at times, last night woke up with one of the straps un-velcroed.)
Post Reply Post Reply
While I'm sure somebody will take your money to look at your charts I doubt that would always represent good value for money. You can get that done here for free - but if you feel more comfortable with professional advice go ahead. We always say don't believe everything you read on the internet and sleep apnea is no different. Smile

I've expressed my views on titration studies previously - unless you have a complex case, I think it's a waste of time and money. Your best bet is to self-titrate in the familiar surroundings of your own home.

As SleepRider said above, use your machine, download the data to #SleepyHead and post some daily charts here. There is a lot of detailed information here: http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...SleepyHead Be sure to read and follow the article on how to organise your charts.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm in Columbus, OH. I see provider at Ohio Sleep Medicine Institute. It might take you roughly 2 - 3 hours to get to here from where you are. Search their website; see if you like what you see.

Note: I'm an epidemiologist, not a medical provider. 
Post Reply Post Reply
Get your doc to rewrite the script for 4-20 as the pressure. This sets it to "wide open" and you can then set it accordingly.

If you need the script for insurance purposes, then that number has to be there. So does mask and machine parts. If you are paying out of pocket, you don't need much other than a script for the xPAP, script for mask that also includes mask parts (just in case).
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] Help deciphering OSCAR reports? HannibalBarca 6 636 11-22-2023, 05:31 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  AIRVIEW Daily reports Opus1 3 440 11-22-2023, 10:40 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Reports of off gassing from AirSense 11 ejbpesca 42 4,911 10-17-2023, 10:48 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Dreamstation ASV VS Aircurve S10 ASV problems reports, with which reports are true?? racprops 0 431 02-19-2023, 06:36 PM
Last Post: racprops
  Anyone able to generate a Resscan report so I can send to provider? famewolf 3 537 02-02-2023, 02:07 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
Question Help! New To All This - Oscar Reports Analysis + General Advice only613 3 668 01-03-2023, 12:46 AM
Last Post: btbderek
  Seeking advice as to whether continue use - OSCAR reports included Vinapnea 4 580 10-20-2022, 10:36 AM
Last Post: Gideon

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.