Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Can I plug an SD card into my machine?
Can I plug an SD card into my machine?
I just received a new CPAP machine and last night was my first night of therapy.

Other than getting used to a different mask and different pressures it was a great night of sleep.

My old machine was only capable of a single pressure. 

My new machine is an AirSense 10 and has a slot for the SD card but my provider didn't place one in there.

I did get my sleep report from MyAir but I really like the data that I got from Oscar that I read from the card in my previous machine.

Can I insert a card into this machine in order to get more comprehensive data? If I do will that prevent it from reporting data to my provider? I certainly do not want to stop this reporting as this will most certainly be required for my insurance coverage.

Thanks in advance.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Can I plug an SD card into my machine?
Using an SD card, 2 to 32 GB in size, will provide for the collection of the high resolution sleep data. Its use will not impact or interfere with any other reporting or function. The SD card has to be in your CPAP while you are using it to collect the detailed data. You can use any brand of SD card.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Glen,
It depends on which Airsense 10 unit you have.  Airsense 10 is a line of 4 models, one of which does not deliver any detailed data.  Please look at the front of the unit, and post which machine you actually have.  If it is the "brick" model, someone will let you know, and you can request to change it for a better unit.

On the SD card:  yes, you can put any SD card in capacity between 2 and 32GB, formatted as FAT32.  The machine will format it for you if you can't do that.  The presence or absence of an SD card will have no effect on the machine's reporting of data thru the cellular network.  Drs and DMEs don't care what you do, except that they are interested in "compliance" data (how long you use the machine, how many days per month, etc.

Good luck with your new machine.
A.Becker
PAPing in NE Ohio, with a pack of Cairn terriers
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-05-2021, 07:07 PM)becker44a Wrote: Hi Glen,
It depends on which Airsense 10 unit you have.  Airsense 10 is a line of 4 models, one of which does not deliver any detailed data.  Please look at the front of the unit, and post which machine you actually have.  If it is the "brick" model, someone will let you know, and you can request to change it for a better unit.

On the SD card:  yes, you can put any SD card in capacity between 2 and 32GB, formatted as FAT32.  The machine will format it for you if you can't do that.  The presence or absence of an SD card will have no effect on the machine's reporting of data thru the cellular network.  Drs and DMEs don't care what you do, except that they are interested in "compliance" data (how long you use the machine, how many days per month, etc.

Good luck with your new machine.

Thanks so much.

I inserted an 8GB SD card and I have attached a photo of my machine.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
I you look in the lower right, as you face the CPAP, you will see "AirSense 10".  Below that is the model or version of the CPAP.  I believe that yours is an Autoset.  If so, then you are in luck.  This model will provide detailed data for sleep analysis.  I have included an image of the location I am referring to.

[Image: ResMed-AirSense-10.png]
It will have either, "AutoSet, AutoSet for Her, Elite or CPAP"

Full Data Capable Airsense 10 Models:
  •  Airsense 10 Elite
  •  Airsense 10 Autoset
  •  Airsense 10 AutoSet for Her

Summary Data Only Model: Airsense 10 CPAP - This type of CPAP is commonly referred to as a brick.

Please update your profile to reflect your new baby.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Mine says "Airsense 10 Autoset"

I was bitten by the filesize when I was trying to post this photo so I had to really size it down.

Thanks for all the helpful advice.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Transcend (Somnetics) Micro Power Plug Size SteadyState 6 1,787 03-25-2024, 01:14 PM
Last Post: johnbrain
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 283 262,143 11-10-2023, 10:24 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  OK to plug machine into a UPS? SluggerBaloney 12 7,525 06-18-2023, 02:14 AM
Last Post: sovkiller
  SD card and 2nd machine ? Bluesv6 2 385 04-10-2023, 10:18 AM
Last Post: Bluesv6
  Resmed Airsense 11 autoset machine SD card and WIFI Tekno1 15 3,215 01-03-2023, 07:20 PM
Last Post: Tekno1
  SD card backup on PC and new SD card snorin2 0 921 12-05-2022, 01:53 PM
Last Post: snorin2
  Does SD Card Store Machine Settings? upsman 14 1,420 10-03-2022, 08:15 PM
Last Post: Jeff8356

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.