Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Can I post data?
Can I post data?
Can I post data so I can get opinions?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Can I post data?
Sure. People do it all the time.

Also, make sure you equipment is correct and as complete as possible.

You might wish to include your diagnosed AHI etc. and your prescription settings.

Most important is AHI (of course), leaks, pressure, and perhaps events (to show clusters vs. isolated events)
Sweet Dreams,

HerbM
Sleep study AHI: 49 RDI: 60 -- APAP 10-11 w/AHI: 1.5 avg for 7-days (up due likely to hip replacement recovery)

"We can all breathe together or we will all suffocate alone."
Post Reply Post Reply
CPAP Statistics as of Friday, March 28, 2014
2 days of CPAP Data, between 3/26/2014 and 3/28/2014
Details Most Recent Last 7 Days Last 30 Days Last 6 months Last Year
AHI 3.24 1.68 1.68 1.68 1.68
RERA Index 0.46 0.89 0.89 0.89 0.89
Flow Limit Index 0.69 1.78 1.78 1.78 1.78
Hours per Night 04:19 05:02 05:02 05:02 05:02
Average Pressure 4.50 4.21 4.21 4.21 4.21
95% Pressure 7.80 7.00 7.00 7.00 7.00
Average Total Leaks 24.36 17.09 17.09 17.09 17.09
95% Total Leaks 34.00 29.00 29.00 29.00 29.00

Changes to Prescription Settings
First Last Days AHI FL Machine Mode Pr. Rel. Min Pres. Max Pres.
3/27/2014 3/28/2014 1 3.24 0.69 PRS1 Auto A-Flex x3 4.50 8.50
3/26/2014 3/26/2014 1 0.52 2.60 PRS1 Auto A-Flex x3 6.00 10.00
The above has a threshold which excludes day counts less than 5 from the best/worst highlighting

Machine Information
Brand Model Serial First Use Last Use
Philips Respironics System One RemStar Auto with A-Flex (560P) P08326047E015 3/26/2014 3/28/2014
Post Reply Post Reply
How you feel? as far as numbers goes, AHI and leak more than just acceptable
You need to get more sleep but that would take some, if you have not been long on PAP
Post Reply Post Reply
I have had 9hrs sleep total for the last 2 nights, my first 2 nights with CPAP. I'm shure you can imagine how I feel.

(03-30-2014, 12:27 AM)zonk Wrote: How you feel? as far as numbers goes, AHI and leak more than just acceptable
You need to get more sleep but that would take some, if you have not been long on PAP

Post Reply Post Reply
What Zonk said:

AHI Is great, Leak is excellent (for a Respironics machine which reports TOTAL leak -- Resmed machine report Total - Mask designed leak so Resmed needs lower numbers to be as good.)

What is keeping you from sleeping more (with the mask)?

Are you sleeping without it or can't sleep for some reason?

Were it me, I would have gone up to 7 for the min on the next night (but that's just me Smile ); I also disabled my EPR (is that A-Flex on a Respironics) fairly soon, but now have it at 1 for an experiment.

Pressure doesn't seem to bother me at all (but I am only at about 10-11 most nights). For me, I would just as soon get it to the correct pressure (or range) and have it run there all night.

TRY YOUR BEST to sleep every hour with the mask. The sooner you can establish that you will ALWAYS wear the mask the sooner it will become easier and your therapy will be most effective at healing your body.

Are you being bother physically (noise or air blowing) by any significant leaks?

How comfortable is your mask?

Are you having any significant issues?

Are you using EPR or equivalent?
Sweet Dreams,

HerbM
Sleep study AHI: 49 RDI: 60 -- APAP 10-11 w/AHI: 1.5 avg for 7-days (up due likely to hip replacement recovery)

"We can all breathe together or we will all suffocate alone."
Post Reply Post Reply
The noise from the machine and being restricted a bit laying on my side.
The bridge of my nose is somewhat tender also.
Before this I could sleep 10hrs and feel crappy as I have for the last 5-6 years.
EPR? don't know what that is.

(03-30-2014, 12:46 AM)herbm Wrote: What Zonk said:

AHI Is great, Leak is excellent (for a Respironics machine which reports TOTAL leak -- Resmed machine report Total - Mask designed leak so Resmed needs lower numbers to be as good.)

What is keeping you from sleeping more (with the mask)?

Are you sleeping without it or can't sleep for some reason?

Were it me, I would have gone up to 7 for the min on the next night (but that's just me Smile ); I also disabled my EPR (is that A-Flex on a Respironics) fairly soon, but now have it at 1 for an experiment.

Pressure doesn't seem to bother me at all (but I am only at about 10-11 most nights). For me, I would just as soon get it to the correct pressure (or range) and have it run there all night.

TRY YOUR BEST to sleep every hour with the mask. The sooner you can establish that you will ALWAYS wear the mask the sooner it will become easier and your therapy will be most effective at healing your body.

Are you being bother physically (noise or air blowing) by any significant leaks?

How comfortable is your mask?

Are you having any significant issues?

Are you using EPR or equivalent?

Post Reply Post Reply
(03-30-2014, 12:52 AM)tired57 Wrote: The noise from the machine and being restricted a bit laying on my side.
The bridge of my nose is somewhat tender also.
Before this I could sleep 10hrs and feel crappy as I have for the last 5-6 years.
EPR? don't know what that is.

G'day Tired57. Yeah, it does take some getting used to, and for some of us it takes quite a while. Having said that, you've already got good AHI numbers and you're operating at a fairly low pressure so it shouldn't be too hard to adapt. (My pressures are typically in the high teens / low twenties which took a LOT of getting used to). Once you get over the hump you should gradually start feeling a lot better, and not needing 10 hours of sleep.

The most important thing is to make sure your mask is comfortable and doesn't leak. The soreness on your nose is not uncommon. I think your mask has some kind of mechanical adjustment which might ease that. Some members use a band-aid or similar, and others treat it like guitar fingers - play often enough and they'll toughen up. Another option is to use a mask liner which includes padding over the bridge of the nose - Pad-a-cheek make a popular liner.

EPR stands for expiratory pressure relief - the machine drops the pressure by a couple of points when you exhale, so that you're not trying to breath out against the full pressure. On Philips machines it's called A-flex or C-flex and can range between 0 and 3. I suggest you leave it at 3 to start with, and consider adjusting it down (or turning it off) if you feel you're having problems transitioning between inhale and exhale.

You've made a good start - keep up the good work!
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-30-2014, 12:52 AM)tired57 Wrote: The bridge of my nose is somewhat tender also.
I had the same problem with the Quattro when started PAP, band-aid did the trick but could not get comfortable with this mask, yet many people have are happy with it. Comfortable mask is essential, don,t be afraid trying other masks
I think trying masks like trying new shoes, shoes have to fit right and feel comfortable the moment you slip your foot in it
Post Reply Post Reply
When I changed to F&P simplus full face mask the sore nose issue went away and leaks went down to almost nothing, love that mask
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] First Post - Can't stay asleep with CPAP DKane 10 337 04-02-2024, 01:41 PM
Last Post: DKane
Question [Diagnosis] First post-CPAP visit to Sleep Doc - What to talk about? FlyAU98 7 314 03-30-2024, 05:58 PM
Last Post: FlyAU98
Arrow Your Personal CPAP Success Story - Post Here SuperSleeper 1,364 629,222 03-24-2024, 07:19 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  r4robin - Therapy Thread (Help with BiLevel settings-post #5) r4robin 42 1,974 03-11-2024, 01:26 PM
Last Post: bertchintus
  First Post - Help with Settings Ideas jrudicel 3 212 03-10-2024, 12:10 PM
Last Post: jrudicel
  First post, provider is not much help. DPAlaska 2 288 01-26-2024, 07:53 PM
Last Post: DPAlaska
  [CPAP] New User Struggling - PSG and CPAP Data Post PSG1 4 2,136 01-08-2024, 06:57 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.