Can I run both Norton IS and Malwarebytes?
DariaVader Offline
Apnea Board Facebook Editor
Monitors

Machine: Resmed S9 AutoSet
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: Airfit P10 for Her
Humidifier: H5i humidifier with ClimateLine heated hose
CPAP Pressure: 8-15
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments: diabetes II, Thyroidectomized, Primary Immune Deficiency, and the list goes on :P

Sex: Female

RE: Can I run both Norton IS and Malwarebytes?
best antivirus solution - ditch windows and run linux! Antivirus proggys are always 2 steps behind the new threat

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum
Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه
06-08-2015 10:40 AM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
AlanE Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: ResMed AirSense 10 Autoset
Mask Make & Model: P10 & Mirage Liberty backup
Humidifier: Built-in
CPAP Pressure: 10-14
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments: ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish

Sex: Male

Good advice

Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. Access through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie
06-08-2015 11:49 AM
justMongo Offline

Monitors

Machine: ResMed VPAP Auto (S9)
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Mirage Quattro
Humidifier: ResMed H5i
CPAP Pressure: 18 IPAPmax - 11 EPAPmin, PS=5
CPAP Software: Other Software

Other Comments: μολὼν λαβέ

(06-07-2015 01:32 PM)surferdude2 Wrote:  As for a safety net, I choose to create daily drive images and keep a two-month archive of them. It's automatic and occurs at first boot, while I'm having coffee and working the daily crossword puzzle.

surferdude2, how about some details on how you're doing that. Like PowerShell script or some software package? If PowerShell script, how about sharing it. Also, NAS or large external drive? How do you manage the number of images (automated or manual delete of older images?)

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
06-09-2015 12:51 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
DocWils Offline

Members-b

Machine: Philips Remstar series 60
Mask Make & Model: ResMed P10
Humidifier: same as machine
CPAP Pressure: 5-15
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments:

(06-08-2015 10:40 AM)DariaVader Wrote:  best antivirus solution - ditch windows and run linux! Antivirus proggys are always 2 steps behind the new threat

Kinda tired of hearing such things, as if it helps, or it even is true - there are virii for linux, for mac, for everything and linux has no real protection from the virii that are written for them, and increasing problem as hackers turn their hand to it. It is not the question, and not every one can or wants to go to linux.

Sure, I would have loved to stay with my trusty SGI O2, but times change and my needs changed, and I now run windoze and have lived with it no problem. My former smugness of being a unix user and virus free has long since evaporated, and frankly, nowadays, I feel irritated by the above answer, which I also used to give. It is simply neither true nor helpful. Wink
(This post was last modified: 06-09-2015 01:44 PM by DocWils.)
06-09-2015 01:41 PM
Mark Douglas Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: Sys 1 (60) RemStar BiPAP Auto with Bi-Flex 760P Auto Bi-Level (Variabl
Mask Type: Nasal mask
Mask Make & Model: PR Wisp
Humidifier: PR Sys One heated
CPAP Pressure: RiseTime 3 Fxd E-9.0 / I-11.5
CPAP Software: SleepyHead EncoreBasic

Other Comments: Hashimoto's thyroiditis.

Doc your odds of infection are lower than windows simply because it is not yet a target rich environment.
If one so desires there are AVs for linux.
In my observation the average linux user is far more tech savy then the average windows user and more aware of keeping things locked down and secure.
Sounds like you are having a rough day!
I see advocacy of linux OSs no different the the P10 mafia here LOL

I use my PAP machine nightly and I feel great!
Updated: Philips Respironics System One (60 Series)
RemStar BiPAP Auto with Bi-FlexModel 760P -
Rise Time x3 Fixed Bi-Level EPAP 9.0 IPAP 11.5 (cmH2O)
(This post was last modified: 06-09-2015 01:59 PM by Mark Douglas.)
06-09-2015 01:58 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
surferdude2 Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: ResMed S9 AutoSet
Mask Make & Model: Mirage Quattro & Optilife
Humidifier: ResMed H5i @ #3 if nose breathing & #5 if mouth breathing
CPAP Pressure: 12 ~ 20 & 11 ~12 if nasal mask

Other Comments: Late stage 2 emphysema

I'd be happy to share how I use a disk imaging software for system protection. There are several free disk imaging systems that work very well for doing a full drive image.

When it comes to selecting one, my criteria is as follows. I want one that has its own routine for scheduling and allows me to easily select when it should run.

I want one that makes incremental additions to the initial base in order to conserve drive space while speeding the daily process to less than 15 minutes.

I want one that supplies the means to create a bootable rescue media that can be used when the system fails to boot so that I can deploy a workable image and easily get back in operation.

I want one that will allow me to quickly (like 15 seconds) mount any chosen image date and select to recover some individual file in a manner like browsing with Windows Explorer.

Lastly, I want one that is user friendly since I will be using it on several computers that I don't have physical access to and would like to keep it simple enough that it's easy to lend phone support to those who aren't all that computer savvy.

With those criteria in mind, my latest selection is [link removed] It has all of those features. It is as user friendly as you will get and still have all the flexibility and power you want. The free version is good enough for most individual users. Business users should get the paid version.

You will need a separate drive, either internal or external to store the image archives on. I use a 759 gig USB drive. They can be had for approx. $60. A month of daily images on my system will amount to approx. 120 gigs total. Alternately, you can use a network drive.

On the first day of each month I create a new base image of my system drive. Each following day of the month, I create an incremental backup that is related to that base image. The base image takes approximately 40 minutes to create. The incremental takes less than 10 minutes each day at first boot. Since I have that set for first daily boot, the system burden is less noticeable. With this schedule, it isn't important to have the computer running every day since a missed scheduled act won't compromise any following schedules.

I choose to make daily incremental images for myself since my system gets bashed by me testing software and operating fast and free. For others whom I support, I may choose weekly or even monthly. The native schedule Aomei offers has those options so I need not write batch script like in the old days.

Even so I use a simple batch file to maintain and trim the archives so that I keep no more than two month's worth and never less than one month's worth. You may do that manually or with a simple batch file. I'll publish that if asked.

Trust me, I have tried, tested and used practically every disk imaging system that is available, both the paid and the freebie, and I find Aomei Backupper is first cabin. I just want something that I don't have to get involved with once it's set up, yet something that I can rely upon to work as I expect it to when the need arises.

-----
Moderator Action: Link Removed
To maintain our status as an educational organization, the only commercial links allowed in this forum are to CPAP-related manufacturer websites. This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules with details given in the Commercial Links Policy section.
-----
(This post was last modified: 06-09-2015 02:31 PM by surferdude2.)
06-09-2015 02:28 PM
surferdude2 Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: ResMed S9 AutoSet
Mask Make & Model: Mirage Quattro & Optilife
Humidifier: ResMed H5i @ #3 if nose breathing & #5 if mouth breathing
CPAP Pressure: 12 ~ 20 & 11 ~12 if nasal mask

Other Comments: Late stage 2 emphysema

I'll go ahead and publish the batch anyway since I may be gone later.

@ECHO OFF
:: Install AOMEI Backupper.
:: Create a directory named Aomei on the backup drive.
:: Place this batch file in that directory and run it. Then run an initial Aomei backup to that directory
:: with your desired settings. When it completes, schedule it for your chosen time period. It will
:: automatically perform incremental backups.
:: The next two commands delete the BackupRecovery.ini file in the program's directory on both
:: the 32-bit and 64-bit version of Windows to prevent the subsequent backups being renamed.
:: It will be recreated as needed but will not interfere with this utility.
Del "C:\Program Files (x86)\AOMEI Backupper\BackupRecovery.ini"
Del "C:\Program Files\AOMEI Backupper\BackupRecovery.ini"
:: The next command creates the directory named Older to accomodate
:: the first running of this batch on a new installation.
MD Older
:: Then the following batch file commands execute.
IF EXIST "Disk Backup\*.adi" GOTO PROCEED
GOTO CANCEL
:PROCEED
RD Older /s /q
MD Older
MOVE "Disk Backup\*.adi" Older
GOTO END
:CANCEL
ECHO Protection invoked to avoid deleting older backup series when
ECHO no new series is present!
Pause
:END
(This post was last modified: 06-09-2015 02:36 PM by surferdude2.)
06-09-2015 02:34 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
JonRedland Offline

New Members

Machine: none
Mask Type: Nasal mask
Mask Make & Model: unsure
Humidifier: unsure
CPAP Pressure: unsure
CPAP Software: Not using software

Other Comments:

Yes you can Smile
06-17-2015 09:51 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  malwarebytes -- remind me justMongo 10 235 11-28-2016 12:21 PM
Last Post: sleepyguy99