Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Diagnosis] modest811 - Therapy Thread
RE: First night of CPAP data. Was mild apena now...
Leaks and AHI are improved. I would like to slowly increase EPR to reduce flow limits. If you are currently comfortable with pressure, increase minimum and maximum pressure by 1 (7 to 11) and turn EPR on full time at 1.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Have you obtained a copy of your sleep study. If not, you should and post it here (remove personal info).

A full face mask is probably more prone to leaks than a nasal mask.

I don't know why your DME didn't offer you one of the newer masks. The Resmed n30i is interchangeable with pillows, and is nice. There are others I would have recommended before the Dreamwear.

However use what you got. What about your set up. Sometimes it is the hose that causes leaks. As you move about during sleep the hose can get twisted. If you have a highish headboard, flip the hose over the top of the headboard . Otherwise, a large hook or hose buddy can put the hose up high and helps with movement.

Also mask liners can help with leaks. Supplier #31 sell liners. More immediately you can take an old smooth jersey t-shirt cut a piece about 2 inches bigger than your mask and a small hole for your nasal area.

Hope something here will help you.
Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
I had the dreamwear mask that is a Nasal cushion and it was leaking a lot and my nose gets clogged very easily so we decided a full mask would be better. 

I'm leaking quite a bit less with the Airfit 20 and I think it's working better than the dreamwear. 

I forgot to put my SD card in my machine last night and I don't have the results, but it seems turning on EPR at all increases my central apneas. Kind of annoying because it's much more comfortable with than without. Apparently this is pretty rare?

Attached is my Sleep study report. I got diagnoed with Mild Sleep apnea, and decided to give the CPAP ago because of fatigue and not feeling rested at night. I still feel unrested and not great. Though I'm struggling with keeping the mask on throughout the night.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
I owned the dreamwear with the cradle nose piece. Mine leaked a high amount. I then ONLY changed the nose to a pillows. Cut the leaks way down. You use the same frame and headgear. I purchased on amazon for less than 20$. You might take a look at it.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Hey guys, 

So I have successfully gotten my AHI down quite a bit and have been managing to sleep with the mask on the entire night the last two nights so that's great news! 

I had an AHI of .8 something saturday and .4 last night but I forgot to put my sd card in my air sense like a dummy. I'm still feeling tired through the day and i'm getting very vivid dreams at night. 

I noticed i'm still getting some large flow limitations. The max says something lower, but if you look at the chart it looks like I hit .50 on flow limits twice or more. I realize turning up the EPR can solve these, but the problem is whenever I turn on EPR my centrals start going up. Do you think these flow limits look controlled in this chart from saturday and if not, how can I get them under control if turning my EPR causes CAs? 

Thank you for all your help!  Thanks

Post Reply Post Reply
First of all, your 95% flow limitation (the flow limit exceeded just 5% of the time) is 0.07, which is very good. Using EPR full time at 1 is not going to cause you to go into fits of CA events. It is a comfort feature at that level and will probably reduce flow limits to between 0.03 and 0.05. You have a few isolated CA events, and I would not expect a significant increase with some EPR. In any event, it is worth trying to see if you find therapy more comfortable, however you have achieved very good results without EPR at a pressure change of 7.0 to 11.0 and for that, congratulations!
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hey guys, 

Been doing good for awhile but recently I've been feeling very fatigued the last couple days. My AHI used to be pretty consistently under 1 but it's been harder to get that the last few days. I'm going to try increasing everything up from 7 to 11, to 8 to 12. See if that helps. 

I also haven't been on my EPR yet because I am afraid of centrals. I know 1 isn't going to cause a lot of them... but I'm still freaked out from when I had the EPR at the beginning and my body like freaked out and caused a ton of Central Apneas. 

Here are my most recent charts. I have been getting a bit of leak lately too... Also does my breathing pattern seem okay? It looks a bit chaotic to me and maybe that's contributing to the fatigue. 

Thank you again for all the help.

Post Reply Post Reply
Looks good, however you have a pattern for a cluster of positional obstructive apnea at the beginning of the night. I don't think you have anything to fear from trying some EPR. Your flow limitation has not changed much, and I think adding some EPR might improve that and comfort. Given your median pressure, I would not hesitate to move minimum pressure to 8.0.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Can I see your Flow limit range? Still tired despite good AHI numbers.
        Hello Folks,

Been using a Cpap (Resmed For her) since september with some trial and error. It seems like some weeks I'm doing okay, others not so much. I've been going through a bout of pure exhaustion lately and my AHI numbers are the best they've been so i've been fairly distressed. I started doing some research and looked into Flow Limit and possible UARS. In my initial sleep study, I scored 0 RERA's and my RDI was the same as my ahi (5.3, VERY mild). But I don't think they scored RERA's at all if I had 0. It seems I had 99% of my apnea's were hypopneas and I had 98! spontaneous awakenings in the night. My Arousal index was 19.5/h, so something is definitely up. 

I've noticed on my Oscar chart that while it says my flow limits on the side bar are low, I look at the chart and they're pretty consistent through the night. I'm going to start experimenting with EPR (last time I used it I had a but loud of clear air apenas, but i'm hoping my body has gotten used to the CPAP so they won't come again). 

Trying to figure out if I'm just dealing with insomnia, or if this is something that can be treated. I've read BiPAP is better for UARS, but it's a lot of money that I can't spend right now on Vauto machine and I'm hoping i can solve this, or at least confirm if I do or do not have UARS from Oscar data alone (probably wishful thinking). 

Sorry for the rambling. I'm pretty tired today. I've attached a typical night for me below. I'd like to know how this looks compared to someone you seems to helped with CPAP and I want to know if the amount of FLs I'm getting are normal or not. Thank you.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Can I see your Flow limit range? Still tired despite good AHI numbers.
If you want to address flow limits on your machine, since it isn't on now, turn on EPR Full Time. Try whichever of 1-3, see how this affects stats. EPR X for number is measured the same as pressures on the PAP, in cmH2O. This EPR is the same as Bilevel pressure support except that EPR subracts from pressures on exhale and PS adds to pressures. EPR is labeled a comfort setting, but it does in fact add therapy as it addresses Flow Limits and other therapy needs.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,080 Yesterday, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 172 Yesterday, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Therapy help rekaviv 9 254 Yesterday, 11:22 AM
Last Post: rekaviv
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,269 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  MrIvanDrago - CPAP|Bi-PAP Therapy Journey MrIvanDrago 67 3,362 03-26-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Marcin's Therapy Thread marcinpiskala 20 967 03-23-2024, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Information Alaxo Hybrid Stent with CPAP - Therapy Thread G. Szabo 29 1,214 03-22-2024, 10:51 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.