Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Can I see your Flow limit range? Still tired despite good AHI numbers.
Can I see your Flow limit range? Still tired despite good AHI numbers.
        Hello Folks,

Been using a Cpap (Resmed For her) since september with some trial and error. It seems like some weeks I'm doing okay, others not so much. I've been going through a bout of pure exhaustion lately and my AHI numbers are the best they've been so i've been fairly distressed. I started doing some research and looked into Flow Limit and possible UARS. In my initial sleep study, I scored 0 RERA's and my RDI was the same as my ahi (5.3, VERY mild). But I don't think they scored RERA's at all if I had 0. It seems I had 99% of my apnea's were hypopneas and I had 98! spontaneous awakenings in the night. My Arousal index was 19.5/h, so something is definitely up. 

I've noticed on my Oscar chart that while it says my flow limits on the side bar are low, I look at the chart and they're pretty consistent through the night. I'm going to start experimenting with EPR (last time I used it I had a but loud of clear air apenas, but i'm hoping my body has gotten used to the CPAP so they won't come again). 

Trying to figure out if I'm just dealing with insomnia, or if this is something that can be treated. I've read BiPAP is better for UARS, but it's a lot of money that I can't spend right now on Vauto machine and I'm hoping i can solve this, or at least confirm if I do or do not have UARS from Oscar data alone (probably wishful thinking). 

Sorry for the rambling. I'm pretty tired today. I've attached a typical night for me below. I'd like to know how this looks compared to someone you seems to helped with CPAP and I want to know if the amount of FLs I'm getting are normal or not. Thank you.
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
RE: Can I see your Flow limit range? Still tired despite good AHI numbers.
If you want to address flow limits on your machine, since it isn't on now, turn on EPR Full Time. Try whichever of 1-3, see how this affects stats. EPR X for number is measured the same as pressures on the PAP, in cmH2O. This EPR is the same as Bilevel pressure support except that EPR subracts from pressures on exhale and PS adds to pressures. EPR is labeled a comfort setting, but it does in fact add therapy as it addresses Flow Limits and other therapy needs.
Dave

OSCAR
Standard OSCAR Chart Order
Mask Primer
Dealing With A DME
Soft Cervical Collar Wiki
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Can I see your Flow limit range? Still tired despite good AHI numbers.
My FLs look just like yours and I've been having the same issue of still feeling tired some days, some others are better. Did EPR worked for you?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pressure adjusted but still tired fumanshu 1 33 3 hours ago
Last Post: staceyburke
  Leak numbers zeeser 4 88 03-06-2021, 01:38 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [CPAP] help with getting Apnea numbers tired21 1 93 03-03-2021, 03:25 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Diagnosis] Good numbers? Jayinware 2 111 02-25-2021, 10:11 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Confused.....Parents think i am "crazy" . Still tired on APAP trial sleepytin 9 548 02-23-2021, 12:36 AM
Last Post: Hydrangea
  [Treatment] Still Tired, Trying to treat Symptoms novanoe 32 725 02-22-2021, 08:51 PM
  1 month on CPAP, Still Tired azeo 3 174 02-21-2021, 07:55 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.