Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

How to turn off modem.
How to turn off modem.
I have a DreamStation 2.  Is it possible to turn off the built in modem?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: How to turn off modem.
Here's a link to a thread that talks about the DS2 modem.
Seems it's difficult to disable it.
Faraday box maybe?

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...odem-Setup

I see sense in turning it off, I am just a little curious your reason for wanting it off?
Post Reply Post Reply
Is there a setting for "airplane mode" or similar. There is such a setting on ResMed machines but I'm not sure about Respironics machines.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-07-2022, 10:05 PM)Brazen Wrote: Here's a link to a thread that talks about the DS2 modem.
Seems it's difficult to disable it.
Faraday box maybe?

***Link removed as I don't have four posts yet***

I see sense in turning it off, I am just a little curious your reason for wanting it off?

Thanks for the reply and the link where this is discussed in much greater detail.  I added some thoughts there.  My reasons are quite similar to the original poster.  I like being off the grid.

(10-07-2022, 11:02 PM)clownbell Wrote: Is there a setting for "airplane mode" or similar. There is such a setting on ResMed machines but I'm not sure about Respironics machines.

IN the DS2, there is an airplane mode, but it automatically turns off in three days.  Follow Brazen's link to a full discussion on this.
Post Reply Post Reply
@Cayman44

I understand. It's seems to be usually just wanting to generally be off the grid or because of the cell signals in the air.

I did find a couple YouTube videos of folks disassembling the machine to remove the modem but seems that could break the machine if you weren't 100% sure of what you were doing.

It's troublesome that Philips makes it so difficult to turn off.
Post Reply Post Reply
Philips is being very aggressive about controlling your device data, from compliance for insurers, to monetizing it for other purposes. For me, that's enough reason to shift to ResMed.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] Should I turn on the AB Filter option on my AirSense 10 AutoSet for these filters? cLoo 10 840 03-22-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Semi-permanently disabling modem in ResMed Airsense 10 Sleep87 109 67,615 03-19-2024, 11:27 PM
Last Post: ivanvargas1
  [Equipment] Replacement Cellular Modem DMAllen 18 5,796 02-25-2024, 05:36 AM
Last Post: Neo2020
  Does my ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto have a modem? Morseman 4 262 02-05-2024, 05:32 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [Equipment] ResMed AirSense 11 modem/provider mystery richapple 4 567 12-22-2023, 09:33 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Question Is it OK to turn on an oxygen concentrator before my APAP machine? EMihalis 10 696 12-15-2023, 12:18 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Should I turn off EPR?? sleepygoo 4 581 11-09-2023, 01:46 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.