Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Can I use ReScan to
Can I use ReScan to
Can I use ReScan to configure the settings for my S9 machine?
(Assuming an unlocked SD card.)

Or, must I enter the clinician menu and change settings?
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Can I use ReScan to
I don't know - it wouldn't work with my S8/Auto 25. Try it and see? Don't think it can hurt anything.
*I* am not a DOCTOR or any type of Health Care Professional.  My thoughts/suggestions/ideas are strictly only my opinions.

"Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you. Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. One died for your Soul, the other for your Freedom."
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-22-2014, 03:56 PM)justMongo Wrote: Can I use ReScan to configure the settings for my S9 machine?
(Assuming an unlocked SD card.)

Or, must I enter the clinician menu and change settings?

My RT said you could but I never tried it
Post Reply Post Reply
Seems to me the easiest way would be to follow the clinician's manual. Who knows what lurks in the ResScan software. Oh-jeez
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. 
ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-22-2014, 05:58 PM)PollCat Wrote: Seems to me the easiest way would be to follow the clinician's manual. Who knows what lurks in the ResScan software. Oh-jeez

yea, that is one reason I didn't try it, that and because someone told me that it doesn't save it. It is easier for me to just go in the clinician menu than to take the sd card out, put it in the laptop, open rescan and make changes.

I am all for fast and easy!
Post Reply Post Reply
On a Rescan S9 AutoSet (and I suspect on other models) using the software works perfectly find.

In theory this is the "standard" method of setting the machine since you can do it at the DME without taking in the entire machine.

I reguarly set my Autoset both on the machine and in the software. There is no apparent difference. The Rescan software was INTENDED to do this (and also to manage dozens or more patients even though most of us use it for one or at most two people.)

If I am reviewing the data in the morning and make a decision based on the data, then I do it in the software.

If an idea occurs to me at bedtime or I am not happy with the settings while trying to sleep, then using the machine controls make more sense.

BTW: Last "writer" wins. If you change the card after your write to it with the machine then the software wins and vice versa.

I don't know how smart it is if you change the machine while the card is out (I don't do that) and then change the card and replace it into the machine.

My presumption is the CARD would WIN in this case.
Sweet Dreams,

HerbM
Sleep study AHI: 49 RDI: 60 -- APAP 10-11 w/AHI: 1.5 avg for 7-days (up due likely to hip replacement recovery)

"We can all breathe together or we will all suffocate alone."
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-22-2014, 08:14 PM)herbm Wrote: On a Rescan S9 AutoSet (and I suspect on other models) using the software works perfectly find.

In theory this is the "standard" method of setting the machine since you can do it at the DME without taking in the entire machine.

I reguarly set my Autoset both on the machine and in the software. There is no apparent difference. The Rescan software was INTENDED to do this (and also to manage dozens or more patients even though most of us use it for one or at most two people.)

If I am reviewing the data in the morning and make a decision based on the data, then I do it in the software.

If an idea occurs to me at bedtime or I am not happy with the settings while trying to sleep, then using the machine controls make more sense.

BTW: Last "writer" wins. If you change the card after your write to it with the machine then the software wins and vice versa.

I don't know how smart it is if you change the machine while the card is out (I don't do that) and then change the card and replace it into the machine.

My presumption is the CARD would WIN in this case.

When putting the card back in the machine; it first reads the card.
One of the two folders on the card is SETTINGS.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply

And the idea that it is somehow easier to use the machine is just incorrect. It's probably slightly easier to use Rescan although the difference isn't worth mentioning.

Both methods are very simple. (Presuming you already have Rescan installed; and that is worth doing even if you already use SleepyHead -- the two view into the data are complimentary in many ways.)

Sweet Dreams,

HerbM
Sleep study AHI: 49 RDI: 60 -- APAP 10-11 w/AHI: 1.5 avg for 7-days (up due likely to hip replacement recovery)

"We can all breathe together or we will all suffocate alone."
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What info can you get if using Rescan or Oscar 3k9BAO 3 565 06-02-2023, 12:52 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Rescan installation. saltydawg2 2 745 06-06-2021, 04:32 PM
Last Post: saltydawg2
  Feedback on Oscar, ReScan Chart; Dry Mouth Humayun 10 1,406 10-18-2020, 06:25 PM
Last Post: Humayun
  download for Rescan for Mac Haley 2 1,430 02-27-2019, 02:27 AM
Last Post: jaswilliams
  Timeline on Sleepyhead & Rescan Reports rozenbob 2 1,289 04-30-2016, 04:59 AM
Last Post: DeepBreathing
Question Rescan flow rate graph interpretation Charlie Sue 5 2,245 03-22-2016, 07:10 PM
Last Post: 0rangebear
  How to get Rescan software sleepdeprived2015 3 4,166 05-25-2015, 11:57 PM
Last Post: sleepdeprived2015

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.