Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Can I use a S9 VPap adapt without any heat with humidifier
I am looking at getting a ResMed S9 Vpap Adapt with a humidifier.

Is it possible to use this above setup with no heat at all and just a regular hose?

I did learn over the course of using my respironics bipap autoserve
that that worked best for me.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi goodonya
Yes .. just change tube type to standard as shown page 8, adjusting humidity level page page 6
If wanted you can put water in the tank and set humidity level to OFF, so you get some moisture but no heat (passover)
http://www.resmed.com/us/assets/document...er_eng.pdf

If you have not got the clinical manual yet, its available via email (section three)
http://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-pr...tup-manual

Post Reply Post Reply
The S9 comes in two parts - the blower unit and humidifier. They clip together to form a single streamlined unit. If you don't want the humidifier, you can just leave it off and just plug the hose into the side of the blower unit.
DeepBreathing
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Bed

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

I guess because I am born and lived all my life in a low humidity climate the heated humidity is too much in fact heated air if my machine heats up is too much.

I found before with the Respironics machine that it is ideal for me to just let the air blow through the humidity reservoir filled to the line with no heat whatsoever. I also found that a half teaspoon of sea salt mixed into the water helped at times as well.

I was not very clear headed yesterday am still going completely untreated. Thanks. I will check the link zonk. Thanks. New word: passover
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do you use a humidifier? zonk 31 7,045 8 hours ago
Last Post: gshock
  Proper water for CPAP humidifier...? S.L. Ping Beauty 15 923 02-15-2017, 12:12 PM
Last Post: SleeplessinPgh
  [Equipment] ResMed H5i humidifier heating query Ceedy 8 187 02-15-2017, 05:19 AM
Last Post: Ceedy
  Water Changing in H5i Heated Humidifier ppca 6 366 02-06-2017, 02:09 PM
Last Post: PaytonA
  Dreamstation Humidifier Question Newbee2016 16 842 01-25-2017, 09:19 AM
Last Post: Cranberry Ray
  Septoplasty with APAP and humidifier? alisa 7 303 01-18-2017, 11:08 PM
Last Post: trish6hundred
  [Equipment] Humidifier filler Bob Engelhardt 18 611 01-14-2017, 12:48 AM
Last Post: chill