Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Can I use a S9 VPap adapt without any heat with humidifier
Can I use a S9 VPap adapt without any heat with humidifier
I am looking at getting a ResMed S9 Vpap Adapt with a humidifier.

Is it possible to use this above setup with no heat at all and just a regular hose?

I did learn over the course of using my respironics bipap autoserve
that that worked best for me.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Can I use a S9 VPap adapt without any heat with humidifier
Hi goodonya
Yes .. just change tube type to standard as shown page 8, adjusting humidity level page page 6
If wanted you can put water in the tank and set humidity level to OFF, so you get some moisture but no heat (passover)
http://www.resmed.com/us/assets/document...er_eng.pdf

If you have not got the clinical manual yet, its available via email (section three)
http://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-pr...tup-manual

Post Reply Post Reply
The S9 comes in two parts - the blower unit and humidifier. They clip together to form a single streamlined unit. If you don't want the humidifier, you can just leave it off and just plug the hose into the side of the blower unit.
Post Reply Post Reply
I guess because I am born and lived all my life in a low humidity climate the heated humidity is too much in fact heated air if my machine heats up is too much.

I found before with the Respironics machine that it is ideal for me to just let the air blow through the humidity reservoir filled to the line with no heat whatsoever. I also found that a half teaspoon of sea salt mixed into the water helped at times as well.

I was not very clear headed yesterday am still going completely untreated. Thanks. I will check the link zonk. Thanks. New word: passover
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Aircurve 10 ST-A and Lumis 150 VPAP ST-A just a UK branding difference? SingleH 37 2,231 03-18-2024, 07:51 AM
Last Post: SingleH
  Humidifier Chamber Leaks - Resmed 10 Old Mike 20 755 02-23-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  [CPAP] Dry mouth despite humidifier and full face mask Tactful3149 2 445 02-13-2024, 03:25 PM
Last Post: Tactful3149
  AirSense 10 heating & humidifier issue Wingnut Warrior 2 351 02-08-2024, 11:13 PM
Last Post: Wingnut Warrior
  Soft Cervical Collar and Heat Retention Columbiabill 3 369 01-21-2024, 06:00 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
Gross [Equipment] HELP! Heat & Humidity settings are Choking Me! James87 3 372 12-21-2023, 11:00 AM
Last Post: James87
  Extra Humidifier Water in Arid Climates DFWdude 19 2,160 12-13-2023, 08:23 AM
Last Post: car54

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.