Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Can I use my cpap to test a stubborn wife
RE: Can I use my cpap to test a stubborn wife
On the other hand, a night with proper settings in auto mode might persuade her to think this is more comfortable. We can see if pressure rises and falls on flow limitation or not. I think it is a safe bet most of her apnea is hypopnea and related to flow limitation. We can't run a test, but if she likes 7-14, EPR 3, than maybe she will stick with it. Mine did.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
A night 2 possibility. 7-14, EPR 3
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank You again for input. My wife works at a school with young children. So we are going to try this over the weekend. I am going to use the settings sleeprider recommended.

Believe me I rather my wife do a sleep study and if this shows anything she will as she promised she would but she is so stubborn. I love her with all my heart but after 3 children and as we age she can be so bullheaded on things. So IMO something is better than nothing
Post Reply Post Reply
Best to try with reduced EPR and see if she is ok with that. If she has mild obstructions primarily consisting of flow limitations and hypopneas her breathing will likely look normal at 3 EPR. As I said before I would start with it off and low pressure (4) and then increase pressure and EPAP and EPR (5 and 1, 6 and 2 or 7 and 3) as required if she can't stand using it with no EPR.
Post Reply Post Reply
My suggestion to use EPR is based on the assumption she is more typical of females with mold to moderate obstructive sleep disorder breathing. As a group the are more frequently affected by upper airway resistance resulting in flow limitations, hypopnea and respiratory effort related arousals than the obstructive apnea we men seem to specialize at. I was seeking a comfortable rewarding experience rather than a test, however the data will still tell us something.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Regardless of how this test is done it will really only tell you if she has significant disordered breathing, any other decent looking result just means that the test was inconclusive.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What's the best home sleep test currently on the market? Lucky7 4 113 23 minutes ago
Last Post: OpalRose
  Need help interpeing Lofta test results. LoftaUser 0 133 03-07-2024, 01:10 PM
Last Post: LoftaUser
  Self-administered sleep test? BlueSky1958 6 213 02-29-2024, 03:29 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Doubts about my diagnosis? (Test results + First night with CPAP) IAXEM 14 883 02-26-2024, 03:46 PM
Last Post: IAXEM
  Home Sleep apnea test xaid 5 869 02-21-2024, 09:28 PM
Last Post: BDayton
  Taking a sleep test while on CPAP? hydra 4 355 02-21-2024, 06:22 PM
Last Post: MikeR20
  First Sleep Test OwenTrantor 56 3,995 02-19-2024, 06:45 PM
Last Post: Dormeo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.