Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Z1 vs Z1 Auto
Z1 vs Z1 Auto
Anyone have comparative experience between the HDM Z1 with fixed pressure, versus the Z1Auto? Is the auto accurate and responsive enough to meet pressure needs? The advertisement stating the unit maintains the lowest possible treatment pressure concerns me somewhat. I like control over the pressure and hate to surrender it which appears to be the case with the Z1 Auto. Any thoughts? Experience? Thank you.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Z1 vs Z1 Auto
Perhaps I should add to narrow down the info I'm really looking for. Not to berate any unit but is anyone using the HDM Z1 Auto? My fear is that possibly the Z1 Auto came into being to lower pressures to conserve and extend battery life which may result in inadequate pressure when needed. Perhaps they have the algorithms correct and it works perfectly.

I hate to lose control over adjusting pressures if the Z1 Auto has presented pressure problems for any user. Please let me know if you have had experience.

I just purchased a Z1 Traveler and thought I had ordered the Z1 Auto when I began perhaps overthinking the two units, and maybe should keep the Z1 Traveler as I do have the ability to change pressure on it and can make sure it remains adequate. The Z1 Auto modulates b between 5 and 10.5 CM H20 and I'm looking for reassurances that conservation of battery life doesn't adversely impact the perfect pressure needed being sent to the user.
Thanks in advance. AKBob
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't know. But these are medical devices subject to testing and regulatory approval. I doubt one that compromised patient therapy to extend battery life would get approved. The auto function of these machines is to respond to differing therapy needs, not save power.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi AKBob,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for more answers to your questions and much success to you as you continue your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Chill, that makes sense. Thanks for the response.

I'm still interested in finding out from anyone who either has experience with both models, or at least has the Z1 Auto and can share the effectiveness of the auto sensing algorithms.

Trish6hundred, thank you as well for your response and encouragement. I have an opportunity to move from the Z1 Travel to the Z1 Auto, but being a skeptic, want to make sure the move will offer benefit.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have them both. The Z1 is a CPAP and the Z1 Auto is an APAP. I've measured the pressures on both units and they are accurate.
Post Reply Post Reply
Dear Member

How is the Travel CPAPs Z1 auto performance . Do you recommend to buy it ?

thanks and regards
Subbu
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Auto BiPAP fixed PS vs Auto PS - pros and cons? Stubert 5 585 01-09-2024, 02:29 AM
Last Post: Stubert
  Dry mouth with Resmed 11 auto, not with S9 auto? pumpkln 3 597 09-13-2023, 12:46 PM
Last Post: eok361
  Breas Z2 Auto Portable Auto-CPAP Machine Package kbingel 9 3,004 08-18-2023, 07:10 PM
Last Post: Txgeodigger
  auto turn on is off? (oooh, auto turn on...!) hegel 10 2,221 05-23-2020, 12:17 PM
Last Post: Hydrangea
  Dreamstation Auto SV VS Resmed Aircurve 10 ASV auto EPAP RLSdss 3 1,838 12-20-2019, 09:54 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  How to go from Fixed to Auto Pressure - Dreamstation CPAP Auto pumpkin 2 1,196 11-04-2019, 04:49 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  ResMed AirSense 10 [how to turn auto/on auto/off feature off?] IsrvChrist 3 19,527 05-03-2019, 08:25 PM
Last Post: Big Guy

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.