Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Can OSCAR read USB stick or only SD card
Can OSCAR read USB stick or only SD card
G'day 
New member so hope this question is in correct place ?

My Fisher & Paykel Sleepstyle 200 Auto Series has a "SmartStick"  (read USB stick)  ....  F & P stipulate specific usage of their SmartStick as detailed at the bottom of page 4 of the setup manual (attached)  emailed to me by Administrator SuperSleeper.

I have inserted the USB stick in my laptop & have been able to read the file list but not been able to open individual files.  At this stage I have tried unsuccessfully to download  OSCAR so have not been able to try the USB stick with  OSCAR.

Please advise if you have any ideas.

.pdf   Fisher-Paykel_Sleepstyle-200_Auto_ProviderManual (1).pdf (Size: 751.92 KB / Downloads: 20)

Thank you
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Can OSCAR read USB stick or only SD card
G'day Tommy. Welcome to Apnea Board.

There are really three questions here, so I'll take them one at a time.

1. Can OSCAR read and process the data from the F&P SleepStyle? The answer is "Not really just yet". Some of the older F&P machines are supported but I don't think we've cracked the code for the SleepStyle as yet. The development team is always looking for raw data in order to build a suitable loader routine for each machine. It would help them immensely if you could share your data with them. Send a PM (private message) to member Bonjour, who will be able to help.

2. How can I install OSCAR ? You mentioned you were unsuccessful in installing Oscar - can you give us some further details as to what went wrong, please? In particular, what type of computer operating system are you using (Windows 7, 8 or 10; MacOS; Linus (various varieties)). Once we have that info we can hopefully guide you through the process.

3. Can OSCAR read data from a USB stick instead of an SD card? Yes, it can. It will look for the card and if one is not found then it will ask for the location of your data files - point to the USB drive.
Post Reply Post Reply
G'day DeepBreathing  .... thanks very much for the quick response.

I was able to install  OSCAR & set-up a profile name but was not able to proceed beyond that point.   My operating system is Windows 10.   I have tried clicking L & R  & double clicking at various points on the screen but it will not advance to the next screen .... several times the program just closed.  I have un-installed & re-installed several times but the problem remains.

Attached is a screen shot & a list of the debug items recorded on the page .... afraid they don't mean much to me as I am only self taught on computers.

I will contact Bonjour to see if there is any way I can help re the  F&P Sleepstyle.  

.docx   OSCAR SITE.docx (Size: 145.46 KB / Downloads: 9)

Thanks again.
Post Reply Post Reply
Based on your screen shot, you had selected a profile, and the next thing would be to Open the profile, as suggested (not very obviously) by the green arrow beside the words...

This aspect of the first use of OSCAR is not very clear, and we are working on creating a more obvious work flow in the user interface.

None of this will matter for you until we can actually import and display data from an F&P SleepStyle machine, of course.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
G'day Pholynyk  ....  thanks for your response.

I tried clicking on the green arrow after selecting a profile (three times actually )   ....  & each time the program shut down.
I'm obviously doing something wrong, but as you said, there is no advantage for me in being able to access OSCAR until we can actually import and display data from an F&P SleepStyle machine.

Thanks anyway
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-23-2019, 07:20 AM)tommytonkin Wrote: G'day Pholynyk  ....  thanks for your response.

I tried clicking on the green arrow after selecting a profile (three times actually )   ....  & each time the program shut down.
I'm obviously doing something wrong, but as you said, there is no advantage for me in being able to access OSCAR until we can actually import and display data from an F&P SleepStyle machine.

Thanks anyway

A crash when opening a profile is often the sign of an older graphics driver.  We have a registry script that forces OSCAR to use a different version of the graphics engine that usually solves this problem.

Download FixGraphics.reg, open Windows Explorer, navigate to where you saved the file, and double click on FixGraphcs.reg to update the registry.  You will get a variety of warning messages from Microsoft about the danger of editing the registry.  Go ahead and allow the registry changes to be made.  Restart OSCAR and see if that helps.

OSCAR has three different graphics engines available -- OpenGL, ANGLE, and Software engine.  OpenGL is the default but does not work with some older computers.  (While you can set the desired engine in the Preferences dialog, in cases like yours you cannot get to the Preferences dialog!)  The registry script forces use of the Software engine.  Later, if you want to try the ANGLE engine, go to File/Preferences/Appearance and select the ANGLE engine.  If it doesn't work after you do that, just run the registry script again and you'll be back to the software engine.

Let us know whether this solves your problem.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OSCAR not recognizing Lowenstein SD Card Poolboy 6 228 03-31-2024, 06:59 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  OSCAR not recognising SD card data from BMC alid 7 270 03-30-2024, 12:44 AM
Last Post: alid
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 3 243 03-29-2024, 11:02 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Is there a solution to read out the newer versions of the Contect CMS50F under Linux? Mast04 10 978 03-25-2024, 08:46 PM
Last Post: Pierelly
  Oscar profile vanished, SD card wiped clean. How? , who and why Innisfree 23 1,845 01-13-2024, 03:52 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  WiFi SD Card for AirSense and OSCAR Stillglade 1 715 01-08-2024, 03:00 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Software to read edf file from in lab study? lisaistired 3 762 12-02-2023, 01:26 AM
Last Post: Gideon

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.