Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Can Oscar read off a hard drive instead of SD card?
Can Oscar read off a hard drive instead of SD card?
Hi, I'm assisting a relative who is new to CPAP and we wanted to be able to import his data and read in OSCAR.     I've installed latest version (1.4.0) and set up a new profile for him.

Since he does not have his own computer, I had him download the SD card to his iPhone, zip the files, and send to me.

My problem - I can't seem to get Oscar to read the files.

When I choose File>Import CPAP data, I direct OSCAR to the folder where I've unzipped the files.

As you can see, the top level folder is P-SERIES 2, with sub-folder 26250086, then subfolders D, E, PO, and PO 2.  Subfolder D has 2 tiny files, E is empty, and PO and P02 appear to have the data.  (See attached screenshots from my File Explorer.  Note that there are a lot more folders underneath the PO and PO2.

So the data is there .... how can I direct OSCAR to fetch?

Thanks!

Attached Files
.docx   Oscar data files.docx (Size: 216.6 KB / Downloads: 11)
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Can Oscar read off a hard drive instead of SD card?
You almost have it right! Unzip the card into a new directory, not directly to the desktop. Then import from that new directory, which will contain P-Series 2 as a subdirectory.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
I think you want to point OSCAR at the folder that contains the P-SERIES 2 folder - the drive letter?
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
[Image: attachment.php?aid=43493]

I realized that the easiest thing would be to just copy to a blank SD card in my own computer .... but to no avail  This is what the directory structure looks like.  Any ideas?

What should these directories look like?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
It looks like Windows renamed some duplicate directories to add “ 2” after the name.

You’ll need to remove that from P-SERIES and merge the two P0 directories. (I didn’t see if there were P1 and later?)

OSCAR expects a top-level directory containing P-SERiES.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-25-2022, 07:03 AM)sawinglogz Wrote: It looks like Windows renamed some duplicate directories to add “ 2” after the name.

You’ll need to remove that from P-SERIES and merge the two P0 directories. (I didn’t see if there were P1 and later?)

OSCAR expects a top-level directory containing P-SERiES.

Thanks, yes, the directories were duplicated.   I tried copying just the data folders that were under the PO directory up underneath the P-Series.  You can see that structure in the attached image ... but that still didn't work.

Could you (or someone else) perhaps post a screenshot of what the directory/folder structure should look like?

***  Moderator Note: Corrupted image removed  ***
Images can not be hosted from a personal computer.
Please upload apnea related images (only) to the Apnea Board server or use an image hosting service for all others.  
Please read this link for further information:  "How to: Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board" .

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 1 68 2 hours ago
Last Post: Ibrumley
  Is there a solution to read out the newer versions of the Contect CMS50F under Linux? Mast04 10 806 03-25-2024, 08:46 PM
Last Post: Pierelly
  Oscar profile vanished, SD card wiped clean. How? , who and why Innisfree 23 1,755 01-13-2024, 03:52 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
Question Failed drive, now cannot install or uninstall Oscar jmac862 8 737 01-08-2024, 04:00 PM
Last Post: SGKent
  WiFi SD Card for AirSense and OSCAR Stillglade 1 637 01-08-2024, 03:00 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Software to read edf file from in lab study? lisaistired 3 684 12-02-2023, 01:26 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  SD Card errors/OSCAR....all new to me TomWii 11 1,489 09-23-2023, 04:02 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.