Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Can RERA’s be eliminated or at least reduced?
Can RERA’s be eliminated or at least reduced?
My events are split between H’s and CA’s, and a very rare OA. (Maybe 2 or 3 a month) The events can happen at high or low pressure. 

My question is: Is there any correctable adjustment that can reduce RERA’s?
CPAP is a journey like “The Wizard of Oz”. It’s a long slow journey. You will face many problems and pick up many friends along the way. Just because you reach the poppies, it doesn’t mean you are in Kansas. 
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Can RERA’s be eliminated or at least reduced?
Yes...turn off RERA event tracking. Works great!
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Best way to reduce/eliminate RERAs is to raise your lower pressure a little bit every few days until they are gone or minimized. Sometimes it only takes a tiny adjustment to do it.
Post Reply Post Reply
Moving from APAP to BiPAP seriously reduced my RERAs. It took a bit of fiddling about with EPAP and PS but I've got it down to around 1 or lower. I do have the occasional blow out where it leaps up to 2 or 3. I got the BiPAP specifically to treat RERA and it is working for me. BiPAP is also a lot more comfortable than APAP
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-21-2017, 03:41 PM)Rcgop Wrote: My events are split between H’s and CA’s, and a very rare OA. (Maybe 2 or 3 a month) The events can happen at high or low pressure. 

I have to agree with most of the posters above. When I first started out, I experienced a lot of Rera’s too. At first, I didn’t give Rera’s much thought, until I realized how much it disrupted my sleep.

With the help of good folk here, I started to raise my minimum pressure a little at a time, usually by .5 until I saw a reduction in Rera’s. All in all, I ended up raising the pressure only by 1.5 over a couple weeks time. This did the trick, and also elimates flow limation if that is a problem.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-22-2017, 08:57 AM)OpalRose Wrote:
(11-21-2017, 03:41 PM)Rcgop Wrote: My events are split between H’s and CA’s, and a very rare OA. (Maybe 2 or 3 a month) The events can happen at high or low pressure. 

I have to agree with most of the posters above.  When I first started out, I experienced a lot of Rera’s too.   At first, I didn’t give Rera’s much thought, until I realized how much it disrupted my sleep.  

With the help of good folk here, I started to raise my minimum pressure a little at a time, usually by .5 until I saw a reduction in Rera’s.  All in all, I ended up raising the pressure only by 1.5 over a couple weeks time.  This did the trick, and also elimates flow limation if that is a problem.

Sound advice.
I am NOT a doctor.  I try to help, but do not take what I say as medical advice.

Every journey, however large or small starts with the first step.

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-21-2017, 05:05 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Yes...turn off RERA event tracking.  Works great!

That works as well   Laugh-a-lot
I am NOT a doctor.  I try to help, but do not take what I say as medical advice.

Every journey, however large or small starts with the first step.

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help with spotting flow rate RERA's apnea505 3 140 03-14-2024, 02:57 PM
Last Post: apnea505
  Eliminated flow limit with EPR or PS? CPAPfriend 9 821 11-08-2023, 10:04 PM
Last Post: paulag1955
  Respiratory effort- related arousals (RERA's) MrIvanDrago 3 679 11-01-2023, 01:27 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
Exclaimation [Diagnosis] 2 Yrs CPAP & I Still Don't Dream - Eliminated Obstructive But Central Apneas Present droo 5 530 08-31-2023, 07:18 PM
Last Post: droo
  PLM pattern or RERA spikes? permabear 35 2,206 08-20-2023, 03:24 PM
Last Post: permabear
  [CPAP] What's the best CPAP for reducing RERA events Anthon 1 567 08-11-2023, 05:39 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Both OA's and CA's Significantly Reduced, but AHI still far above 5. Tips? ooye 1 460 07-21-2023, 02:02 PM
Last Post: staceyburke

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.