Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Can S9-H5i control temperature and humidity independently?
Can S9-H5i control temperature and humidity independently?
During 2 hot nights in northern California last week, I had to turn down the temperature of the H5i humidifier, as a result, I had dried mouth. Can the S9-H5i unit control temperature and humidity independently? I am new to CPAP treatment, I can foresee what the summer nights will feel like. We have hot and dry weather in Northern California.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Can S9-H5i control temperature and humidity independently?
I don't think so. It is the heat under the tank that makes the humidity. Do you have climateline hose? If so, switch to another hose. That might help with the heat issues.

If you had a dry mouth, then you may have been breathing through your mouth. Dry air from the CPAP would result in dry nose and throat. My throat has been so dry, it was like swallowing sandpaper.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(04-27-2012, 12:55 PM)SamWong2012 Wrote: During 2 hot nights in northern California last week, I had to turn down the temperature of the H5i humidifier, as a result, I had dried mouth. Can the S9-H5i unit control temperature and humidity independently? I am new to CPAP treatment, I can foresee what the summer nights will feel like. We have hot and dry weather in Northern California.

On my ResMed S9 AutoSet you can adjust them independently when using the climate line tubing. Change the humidity setting from auto to manual.

I have the humidity level set on 4.5 and the temp set on 80 because I like as much moisture as I can get. Anything higher than that and I get water droplets in my nose through the nasal pillows.
Post Reply Post Reply
shutterbug sue is correct, climate control using climate line gives you two options:
1- manual mode you set the temp and humidity independently but rainout protection is not guaranteed
2- auto mode you only set the temp to preference (default setting 27C) and rainout protection is guaranteed.

If using the slimline you set the humidity to preference but no rainout protection but there are few options to deal with rainout.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-27-2012, 12:55 PM)SamWong2012 Wrote: During 2 hot nights in northern California last week, I had to turn down the temperature of the H5i humidifier, as a result, I had dried mouth. Can the S9-H5i unit control temperature and humidity independently? I am new to CPAP treatment, I can foresee what the summer nights will feel like. We have hot and dry weather in Northern California.

Hi Sam,

I'm new to CPAP and just started using machine but already played with it enough to see what it is capable of Smile

H5i can control Humidity Level and Climate Line tube temperature separately if that is what you were asking for. Hope you are not asking for temperature of water chamber because in my understanding it is equivalent of Humidity Level and temperature needed to heat that element is software controlled by machine itself.

Default setting is AUTO so both (Temp. and Humid.) are controlled by the machine and this setting as per ResMed manual, guarantees no rainout effect when using Climate Line, but it can be set to Manual and then you are in total control.

In Clinical (hidden) menu go to Climate Control and you will see 3 options: Auto, Manual and Patient.

Auto - is probably what you have now
Manual - is separate Temp and Humidity levels
Patient - enables option (Auto or Manual) to be visible in Normal (home screen menu) so you have easy access to change from one to another at any time without going to Clinical menu.

Ps.
If on Home screen you see Blue Drop and Thermometer in one that is AUTO mode, Manual is when Drop and Thermometer are split into separate menus.

Hope it helps.

Best regards to you and Everyone in the forum!!!
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-27-2012, 03:08 PM)wilczy Wrote: Best regards to you and Everyone in the forum!!!

welcome to the forum. thanks for contributing. looking forward to more comments in other threads.
First Diagnosed July 1990

MSgt (E-7) USAF (Medic)
Retired 1968-1990
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tube Temp and Humidity Setting To Avoid Rainout tomkelly 10 238 04-11-2024, 11:11 PM
Last Post: tomkelly
  Dreamstation 2 humidity controls Lesgreen 3 106 04-11-2024, 04:45 PM
Last Post: Lesgreen
  [CPAP] new AirCurve 10 does not give enough humidity FHTC 8 120 04-09-2024, 09:59 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
Sad CSA, Body temperature and Spicy foods. Boodmaster 6 883 04-08-2024, 12:30 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  [Treatment] AHI under control but flow limitation issues guzzle 2 224 04-03-2024, 02:12 PM
Last Post: guzzle
  Question on the Hybernite Rainout control tube runcyclexcski 2 155 03-21-2024, 05:29 AM
Last Post: runcyclexcski
  Well, I thought I had AHI under control... LookingForACleverHandle 15 1,064 03-18-2024, 08:19 PM
Last Post: LookingForACleverHandle

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.