Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Can SleepyHead export SpO2 data?
Can SleepyHead export SpO2 data?
Anyone know how to export SpO2 data from Sleepyhead, or else maybe use the binary data file sleepyhead stores with SpO2 session data?

I picked up a CMS 50D+ pulse oximeter a while back and captured several days of data into Sleepyhead.

Imported so smoothly that I didn't retain the native data files.

Now I have a need to export and share some SpO2 data with my doctor.

Attempts to export data only seem to generate CPAP machine data, but not the SpO2 data.

Found an old sourceforge forum post back in 2011 that indicated SpO2 export was a future feature for Sleepyhead. Wondering if that ever got implemented.

Also noticed someone posted in this forum a while back that Sleepyhead keeps a copy in a folder of SpO2 import files. I tried reading those SpO2 data files into the CMS 50D+ SPO2 Assistant Review software but it didn't like it. I may not have been holding my mouth just right when I tried that, so any tips on how to use those SH SpO2 data files would be appreciated.

thanks

Saldus Miegas
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Can SleepyHead export SpO2 data?
I suggest that you try opening the SpO2 file in a word processor to see whether the data format is understandable. If the format is straightforward, it may require only minor editing to convert it to a standard spreadsheet format.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-23-2016, 03:38 PM)beet Wrote: I suggest that you try opening the SpO2 file in a word processor to see whether the data format is understandable. If the format is straightforward, it may require only minor editing to convert it to a standard spreadsheet format.

Beet,

I appreciate the good suggestion. Tried opening the summary and event files in a text editor as well as MS Word. Not readable in either.

Saldus Miegas
Post Reply Post Reply
You could post your question to the SleepyHead developer's forum:
sourceforge.net/p/sleepyhead/discussion/

You can also download the source code. I glanced at the oximeterimport.h and oximeterimport.cpp files to see if they include comments documenting the data format, but they have no comments other than the GNU license.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 1 85 Yesterday, 01:07 AM
Last Post: Ibrumley
  OSCAR SpO2 CSV import ST Dog 20 2,751 03-15-2024, 05:09 PM
Last Post: capman
Question Spo2 data format Squid3083 11 2,208 03-11-2024, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Rebakim4
  OSCAR Export CSV Empty? Only Headers? Wellue/ViHealth PhadeL 0 195 03-05-2024, 12:04 AM
Last Post: PhadeL
  Viatom/WellUE data is different than OSCAR displayed data GordK 3 293 02-23-2024, 04:48 PM
Last Post: GordK
  Data structure / data definition of AirSense 11 CD, CMSd50+ or OSCAR?hing obvious, … Perickson 4 1,634 02-18-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: Perickson
  SpO2 Assistant Data File Conversion WSHenry 3 3,087 01-11-2024, 12:42 PM
Last Post: BiggerDog

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.